I just need someone to talk to.

I feel like everything is going wrong with my life, my parents are too busy, I don’t have any friends... I need someone to talk to, who I can confide in.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Jerome and welcome to SF. I'm sorry that you feel that everything is going wrong for you, but I'm glad you found us. SF is an amazing community, with lots of people who understand and who genuinely care and support each other, so I hope being here will help you. You can talk to us. We're a friendly bunch and pretty good at listening. Do you want to say a bit more about what's happened to you?

Hi there, I am here if you need someone to talk to. Please don’t feel alone and know that there is help at hand.
I’m feeling like everything is going wrong in my life but I’ve spoken to some lovely people on here who have made me feel more positive.
I am always here if you want to chat.
Ed

Thanks for your support, let me tell you what’s happened.
So, a few months ago everything was (mostly) fine. Then it turned sour in September. At the beginning of the school year, my grades really started to slide (even though I’m usually a good student), my mum and dad started arguing (and believe me, it’s basically like a tornado), my parents don’t have time to listen to me anymore. I used to have friends, but I’m not in their class this year, so I’ve been drifting away... Every day is the same: I struggle to get myself out of bed, I go to school, I go through the school day barely conscious, and come home and just stay in bed and mope... What’s more, I play football (the real one, the one you play with your feet) and I’m not that good, so I’m being mocked for that too... Now everybody thinks they have a right to just push me or kick me in the ass every time I’m walking by. It’s getting unbearable, and I often lose my temper and unleash a flurry of very rude words at those who are bullying me, which earns me even more mockery. I have Asperger’s syndrome, so I’m struggling to fit in at school, the others are chatting while I’m sitting there drawing maps of Slovenia or whatever. When I come home, my dad’s not home until 7, so I don’t see him on weekdays. And my sister blabs. A lot. So I can’t really tell her what’s happening. I only have one friend, and I feel that while he is a fun person to be around, I can’t really tell him secrets or anything (I’ve distrusted him ever since he got into my Discord account)... And for some reasons, my average has dropped from 18/20 (we have a grading system out of 20 here), to around 10/20. My parents are really just content with grounding me without offering to help out with my school work. I just wonder sometimes if this is the life I want to live, overweight (I’m overeating as a sort of coping mechanism, every day I come back with licorice from the supermarket and putting on a lot of weight), bad grades with parents who don’t really give a damn about helping me improve.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
is it possible to see a therapist either privately or in school? welcome to SF we are a compassionate group that understands what you're going through we care but don't judge. you can confide in us since we're anonymous it's ok. if you need to talk you can talk to me anytime i'm here. I hope you get the support you need, coming here was a good start. please take care of yourself

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Your profile lists your age as 26, is that not the case? You're in high school, is that what I'm getting? Advice for 16 and 26 are kind of different, you know?
Either way, I'm glad you are here at SF. There are a *lot* of people here with spectrum disorders and plenty of others who just aren't fitting in socially. I hope that you can find some people with whom you connect and make friends with. No one here cares about your grades or weight or how well you play football. We like you just for exactly who you are, Jerome.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks for your support, let me tell you what’s happened.
So, a few months ago everything was (mostly) fine. Then it turned sour in September. At the beginning of the school year, my grades really started to slide (even though I’m usually a good student), my mum and dad started arguing (and believe me, it’s basically like a tornado), my parents don’t have time to listen to me anymore. I used to have friends, but I’m not in their class this year, so I’ve been drifting away... Every day is the same: I struggle to get myself out of bed, I go to school, I go through the school day barely conscious, and come home and just stay in bed and mope... What’s more, I play football (the real one, the one you play with your feet) and I’m not that good, so I’m being mocked for that too... Now everybody thinks they have a right to just push me or kick me in the ass every time I’m walking by. It’s getting unbearable, and I often lose my temper and unleash a flurry of very rude words at those who are bullying me, which earns me even more mockery. I have Asperger’s syndrome, so I’m struggling to fit in at school, the others are chatting while I’m sitting there drawing maps of Slovenia or whatever. When I come home, my dad’s not home until 7, so I don’t see him on weekdays. And my sister blabs. A lot. So I can’t really tell her what’s happening. I only have one friend, and I feel that while he is a fun person to be around, I can’t really tell him secrets or anything (I’ve distrusted him ever since he got into my Discord account)... And for some reasons, my average has dropped from 18/20 (we have a grading system out of 20 here), to around 10/20. My parents are really just content with grounding me without offering to help out with my school work. I just wonder sometimes if this is the life I want to live, overweight (I’m overeating as a sort of coping mechanism, every day I come back with licorice from the supermarket and putting on a lot of weight), bad grades with parents who don’t really give a damn about helping me improve.
Hey, I'm sorry you are going through so much and people are being like this to you in school. I had the same problem of not being in the same class as my friends (all were in same half year) except me and I basically drifted apart while they all stayed friends. I'm also with the same condition as you so if you wanted to talk with someone, feel free to message me. I know you said you don't feel comfortable sharing secrets even with your one friend but I hope you feel able to here. You should say to your parents you are struggling with the school work and would like to get some tutoring.

MarvelFan

Vanity of Vanities
Your profile lists your age as 26, is that not the case? You're in high school, is that what I'm getting? Advice for 16 and 26 are kind of different, you know?
Either way, I'm glad you are here at SF. There are a *lot* of people here with spectrum disorders and plenty of others who just aren't fitting in socially. I hope that you can find some people with whom you connect and make friends with. No one here cares about your grades or weight or how well you play football. We like you just for exactly who you are, Jerome.
Well said

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00