I just no.......

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by LostSpirit, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

If im here in 10yr's time, i know im going to look back and think why the hell did i spend my early 20's,feeling suicidal,depressed and miserable, i should'nt feel like this at my age. but i have felt this way since the age of 10, i no if i dont try and change things now, i'm going to have a load of regrets, but right now i can't help the way i feel....

If i only i could get thru just one day.. without feeling suicidal or depressed

:sad:

2. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. I wish i could say or do something 2 help you feel better

3. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this helps or not, I aint the best person to give people advice or anything, but.......

I think right now your perception of how you are going to feel in 10 years is skewed because of your depression. You are looking at this from a depressed person's point of view. I bet if you do manage to beat your depression one day, weather it be a year, 2 years, or 10 years from now, your feelings about this time of your life will be much different then you think. Rather than looking back on these times with regrets, you'll be thinking something like, "wow, look at all the progress i've made since then. Look how far i've come in the past 10 years".

I've read some of your other posts and its obvious to me that you have the will and the desire to beat your depression, and I think you will one day. When that happens...........Instead of viewing this time in your life as a waste, you'll view it as an obstacle that you overcame. You'll be commending yourself for being such a strong person who was able to get through the tough times in your life without succumbing to your suicidal thoughts.
    Also, having this low period in your life now will make you appreciate the good times that much more when they finally come, and i'm sure they will.

And dont worry about feeling this way, "at your age"....theres no right or wrong way to feel at any age. Feelings are what they are.

I hope that helped, and if it didn't, then sorry. I'm not used to giving people advice, its way out of character for me lol

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Alexpt2 has a point, depression can distort your perception and views.

5. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

Thanks it did help! is always nice to get others veiw's because they seem to see things differently to what i do ;) x

6. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you got something out of it. :smile: At least now after I'm dead, people won't be able to say I never helped anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.