I Just Received The Worst News Possible.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by the-price-is-wrong, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, let me start out with how close I am to my grandpa. He is pretty much my best friend. He's always been there for me. He's proud of me for just, being me. I can keep going on and on and on and on.

A while ago, he had something bad happen with his heart. Earlier, he had a heart attack.. He's been in the hospital for a while now. He has a quintuple bypass and they said he was going to be okay.

Well, my mom just came home from the hospital. She made me go into the other room, and she told me stuff.

My grandpa's not looking too good.

He has a REALLY bad heart disease right now. His heart stopped. Twice. And they had to use the shock thingy to bring him back to life. There's a balloon thing in his heart right now. It's working at the moment, but the doctors said that if that balloon doesn't work, that there's nothing much more they can do. When my mom went back to my grandpa, he was pretty much "What are they tellling you?"

He doesn't know what's going on. He doesn't know that the balloon is pretty much his only option.

I am so scared right now. I need to talk to someone about this. I don't know.

2. jamesonnk

jamesonnk Member

I'm so sorry. It truly sucks to love someone that death can touch. I am here to talk to you whenever sweetie. Im wishing the very best for you and your grandpa.

3. HollowRhythms

HollowRhythms Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.. i was close with my grandpa as well. I'm not gonna lie. Its hard. Just cheirsh every precious moment, whether the procedure works and hes got another decade or two, or if his health continues to decline, treasure every moment ya have.. e
    I really hope things work out for the best for youand your gramps... its hard not knowing. I know we dont know each other, but you'll be in my thoughts.

All the luck in the world, amanda :hug:

4. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

im sorry to hear that amanda, but if with the balloon thing you mean angioplastic surgery, then there is a good chance that it goes well its a relatively safe surgery and helps out alot so there is hope

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am also so sorry and I sure hope he does OK...I will pray (more spiritual requests than formal prayers) that you and he be together for many years to come

6. crystalclear

crystalclear Well-Known Member

Im sorry and I hope things get better for you and your granpa... all i can say is stay by his side and tell him how much you love him. I wasn't able to do that with my grandmother and now Im filled with regrets. I'll pray for your grandfather's health <3 keep us posted, kay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.