I just started to cut myself

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Crashex94, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crashex94

Crashex94 Well-Known Member

Last week I cut my arm for the first time and now I'm falling into a habit. So far it's been small (barely drawing blood) but I think it might get deeper. At least it lets me feel alive again, I can't feel anything unless I hurt myself.
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

It might make you feel better but I would suggest you try to stop doing it before it really does get to the point that you can't stop doing it. I'm to that point and wish I never did start cutting.
  3. waterlily

waterlily Active Member

I am 57 an the other day I really wanted to cut myself for the first time,,,i didn't,,,,but I so understand what it is,,,the pain gets do bad that the cutting gives some pain releaf. I ws getting my tourettes really bad too,... i went on abilify,,,,it may be helping but im not sure,,,,sigh...i wat to cut now it would feel so much bettr!!1 but people would see it and ask questions at work and home too.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Please try to stop. I know it feels like it helps now, but in the long run, you'll probably regret that you ever started.
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i have to agree with cherry. dont get sucked in by cutting its a hard habbit to brake try not do it
  6. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

:hug: it's like any other addiction. The more you do it, the more you'll want to. Please stop before it's too late dear.
  7. foxwithwings13

foxwithwings13 Well-Known Member

I know how you feel... It's an addiction. An addiction that will only get worse. If you can try and stop, it'd be alot better in the long run for you. (of course... I'm a hypocrite myself for saying this.. :unsure: )
  8. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i started off like this, small and not deep at all

but it gets so much worse. please, if you can find a different way to cope with it. write your feelings down, scream, punch something idk
    cutting is the worst habit i have and i wish i never ever started. i am even more ashamed of my body now because of my scars. i am always lying about where my marks come from. get out now, because if you keep going it will become less of a relief and more of a hassle.
  9. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

I really do think as well that the longer you carry on with this, the harder it is to stop. And the cuts do get deeper. Each time you're going to feel down it's going to make you want to cut deeper than before. You might get 'used' to the feeling. And in time it may even become a habit in a way you won't need to even feel bad in order to have the urge to cut. Right now you may feel like you don't want to stop. Maybe you feel liek you can control yourself whenever. If you can you are one of the few lucky ones, but if you can not, you will wish that you had turned that switch while you were still able to.

I know it may seem harmless and it may even be irritating to have people advise you to stop because yes, it helps for a while. But I too must urge you to try and focus your mind on other things in a time when you feel like nothing else helps.. because if it wasn't for my determination NOT to be caught doing this, I would have probably gone way further than I ever intended to.

Good luck to you really, and take care of yourself.

10. Crashex94

I feel like this is my only release. It's either this or drugs and I'm too much of a coward to even leave my house let alone look for drugs, I just need to numb the pain
  11. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

please stop while you still can! seriously, i cant say how bad it will get, but it will get worse as time goes on, where you wanna see more blood. please please please stop while you still can.
  12. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i know you are probably wanting posts supporting cutting, but look at how many people have replied saying stop or wishing they had stopped when they were in the same situation that you are right now. it gets worse, and i cant describe how strongly i wish that i had never started. it takes your social life away it takes your life away in general.
  13. Crashex94

But thats the thing, I have no social life or anything else to make my life tolerable
  14. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

this will only make it less tolerable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.