I just stay in bed all day!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fallen angel, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallen angel

fallen angel Member

Does anyone have any tips for motivation. I have been thinking suicide for a few weeks now. Some of the problems I have I could probably be sorting out if i would just get up, get dressed and start feeling positively about myself. Instead I lie in bed at my parents house (i can't believe i'm back here at the age of 26!) and just wish I was dead.

The things I can't change have really got to me. I'm reliving some painful memories from my past and regretting my actions over the last 10 years.

Also does medication really help, or does it just make you a zombie so you don't care anymore that your life is in ruin. How can it help if it is circumstances that are the problem?

Thank you in advance for your help

2. quest

quest Member

Hey Fallen, Meds help some and hold back others since brain chemistry is a hit and miss kinda thing. I would like to find out more about your situation before making recommendations. Please feel free to message me ........Steve

3. boagypsy

boagypsy New Member

I think you are right about meds, they help to numb the most distressing feelings and maybe stop you from actually caring enough to top yourself, but if the root causes are situational you need to try and sort those out.

I'm at a similar phase to you I think. The drug I am taking is having some effect but leaves me feeling zonked out and very tired. I find it hard to motivate enough to get up and get dressed, let alone sort out any issues.

I hope you feel a bit better tomorrow.

Ian

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It takes meds some time to work the way they are suppose to. I remeber way back, a combination I was on in the facility. They made my legs like rubber where I had a hard time walking to my room and climbing in bed. After beeing on them for a while I had a better tolerance to them. As far as staying in bed all the time I relate because I isolate myself in my room. I use to lay there for hours just staring blankly at the ceiling. then I got a therapist and she has slowly gotten me to get up and do something so I get on the computer and spend most of my day on it.~Joseph~

5. Jooper62

Jooper62 Well-Known Member

I have motivation problems taking meds seeing a councelor..Its also hard for me to take showers , even to change clothes..But i just started new meds ..As far as having to move back with your parents .. I had to do it couple times . many people have to do it..its hard but don't think anything negative about it. You have parents that love and care about you.

6. fifa

fifa Member

I do the same when I can. I got on meds just recently. At first I was taking lexapro and the bed was practically a magnet for me. I was (still am) taking klonopin for anxiety, which really helps, but makes the bed a stronger magnet. With the edge of the anxiety taken out a bit, depression became the main focus and it just got worse. My psychiatrist switched me to well-buterin 150mg to help with the sleepiness and allow me focus better. The depression and lack of focus was still getting worse. Now I'm on 300mg of the stuff. Aside from the lessening of anxiety I'm worse off than I was before and I sleep as much as possible. Every waking moment is painful. I went from an A student to a failing student in one month. I now can only hope that it really does just take time for these medications to work and that maybe one day I won't constantly think about how much I can't stand existing.
    So it seems taking medications is a crap-shoot. They can make you better (I know a few people who have gotten better, some I didn't think needed them in the first place), they can turn you into an unfeeling zombie, they can turn you into a stay- in- bed zombie, and/ or they can make your overall situation worse. Sofar the latter three are my case but that can change and I'm sure it's not the case for all people.
    With all that said,
    Good luck

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I relate to the meds. My doc just put me on xanax for my anxiety. His dose was to high. I was driving my daughter to work and she said I was all over the road crossing the center line and at one point she thought I fell asleep because my eye's were closed. So she made me pull over and she drove me home. My sister came home and checked on me she said I was sitting on the edge of my bed shaking. Then later I was walking around the house in my underware. I was on cloud 9. I cut the dose in half and it makes me fall asleep for about an hour then I wake and everything is fine. I guess I have a low tolerence to it. Keep a close eye on your meds and write down any side effects for your doctor to read when you see him/her next.~Joseph~

8. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Dear Angel your thread struck a big cord with me because as we know because lack of sleep or too much of it is linked with depression.Now I spend many a day's lying in bed the whole day refusing to get up,even getting up and having a shave and shower is like climbing such a huge mountain for me.Where as I could recall in the past I would shave and shower everday without fail,but these day's I will baulk at doing it simply because I can't be bothered.

So it's like it seem's like such a simple thing surely get up surely jump in the shower etc,but when you have barely any motivation lying on top or in that bed seem's to be the best thing in the world.It's like wanting to be left alone,all you can do is just see what you're up to doing and if you just can't get out of bed try not to blame yourself,because I'm telling you I am there now and have been for so long.

People who can get up and just jump in the shower,shave etc aren't in our mind's or bodie's so it's so easy for them to say simple just do it.But if by some amazing possibility if we could just allow them to see what it feel's like I'm sure we'd have an amazing amount of more understanding in the world.

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

fallen :eek:hmy: i read your post and it seriously could have been me that wrote it.
    i'm sorry you too are feeling this way :hug:
    the bed feels like the warmest, safest, easiest place to be a lot of the time. and i wish i had some advice for u. if you have a laptop try taking it and sitting in the kitchen for half hour a day or something hun, that's what i try to do.
    remember you are not alone :hug:
    and yeah, living with your parents again is horrible :dry: i moved back in with my mum 2 weeks ago (i'm 21)

:hug: :hug:

10. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Angel, I can really relate to what you are going through. A few years ago I was in a similar position except I was in a grotty, damp flat on my own. One evening a couple ofdear friends literally knocked my door in to get to see me. They dragged me back to the land of the living. As with you though my depression is situational so I found it all too hard. I really did try to get my life back together but nothing really helped. Recently I finally gave in to the idea of taking some medication. I guess as a last resort. Initially they just made my life hell but now that seemed to have settled down a bit. My doc says I must give them time to work but I'm just starting to feel like that zombie. I can just about function and some of the time the pain I feel isn't quite as intense but I don't feel I'm myself anymore. I also know that pills aren't going to change the circumstances that have caused my depression in the first place. I'm going to keep on them and see what happens because I don't know what else I can do. I know there is no way to change my situation. I don't know what your situation is but you should be thankful that at least you have a sanctuary at your parents. A loving family can be a big help. If you want to pm me and chat please feel free anytime. I have found that talking to people here has probably done me more good that anything else so far. Good luck. S.

11. fallen angel

fallen angel Member

another day wasted. why cant i get my good for nothing self out and about and actually do something. i'm starting to get real angry inside. real lonely. i don't want this computer and these 4 walls to be the total of my life. i need real people i need interaction. i need a purpose. i need my loved ones. i need self woth. i need therapy. i need money f*****k! what am i gonna do. i want to die but i wanna live. i'm confused about everything at the moment. where is the way out of this black cavernous pit. help help help. i'm loosing myself more each day. come back come back. my friends my fun my lover where did they all go. i don't wanna be here anymore i hate it hate it hayte it. i think i'm actually going a little insane!!!!!!! :(

12. fallen angel

fallen angel Member

thank you for all your replies by the way. if only we all lived close to each other, maybe we could all drag each other outa bed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.