I just want it to end

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by becca1011, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becca1011

becca1011 New Member

I need SOMEONE to give me 5 good reasons not to go home and slit my wrists. honestly. it wouldn't be the first time i have tried to die. I can't do it anymore. The weight of EVERYTHING that i either feel or DONT feel is killing me. I want it all to end.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOur reasons hun should only be one reason because you are important and that there is help for you
    TALK to someone ok get that weight on you lessened some. Call a crisis line a family member someone you trust but get talking don't take everything on alone
    Just do one task at a time don't look at them all just one ok hugs

3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I don't know if you'll consider these reasons to be good enough or not, but here goes...

1. Your current problems are temporary. Yes, you will always have problems - everybody does. But the things that are bothering you now will most likely go away in time.

2. You would be missing out on the potential of finding happiness later. You don't know what the future holds for you. Nobody does.

3. Unless you have no friends or family whatsoever, there are people who would miss you and be saddened by your death. If there is anybody in this world who loves or cares about you at all, you should seek comfort from them first before doing anything drastic.

4. You don't know what happens after death. You might THINK you know, whether you're an atheist or a theist, but the fact is that you do NOT know. Again, nobody knows what happens after we die. It could be peaceful... it could be nothing at all... or, it could be something even worse than what you're facing now.

5. Slitting your wrists is a horrible way to attempt suicide. It's messy, painful, and from what I understand, rarely successful.

I understand how you feel, honestly I do. I can't say that I won't some day commit suicide myself. But these are some of the reasons I use to talk myself out of it when I am feeling like doing it. Either way, I hope that your luck changes and you feel better soon. When I have days like that, usually I just try to hang in there and I end up feeling better after a couple days. Hang in there - don't do something that you can't undo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.