I just want someone to tell me it'll all be ok.

MommyOf1

I moved out of my parents house for the first time in my life (I'm 32 with a 6 year old daughter) this past July. I moved in with my boyfriend at the time and we got engaged in November. My fiance and I have been together for two years, we have our ups and downs but he's nothing short of a loving person. I have bipolar II, depression and anxiety. I don't do good with change and despite the fact that it's been months since I've moved out, I'm still so anxious all of the time. I was trying to wean off of my medicine because I lost my state insurance but have resumed all medications at the appropriate levels because I now have new insurance. We are struggling financially and being that I have never had any serious bills outside of a car payment, car insurance, cell phone and small credit card bills, I have a hard time saving money. I started a new job in September which is another change, I make more money here but we are swamped in bills that I barely have any money to spend which is yet again, another change. My job is ok, it's boring sometimes which leaves my anxiety to rule my mind with scary thoughts. My fiance and I have been arguing lately mostly over money and I left Friday night, drove back to my parents house and spent the night there. While at my parents house, I realized that it was no longer my home and it didn't feel like home either. I'm scared that I've racked up too much credit card debt that I will never get out of this hole (it's close to $8,000) plus, I owe approximately $10,000 on my car. It's all so depressing, I know it's called being an adult but good grief, I'm so stressed out. My fiance is supportive of my mental health needs and I truly believe, that he loves me for me but he comes off as controlling to me. I've addressed these issues with him and he doesn't see it. I've asked him to go to counseling but he's reluctant. I'm hoping that once I resume counseling, I can bring him with me. I don't want to leave him. I'm also stressed out about going back to school to; I want to pursue my bachelor's degree but that thought just adds to my stress. I just want someone to tell me that it will all work out ok and maybe give me some tips on how to cope with everything.

Taz8

I moved out of my parents house for the first time in my life (I'm 32 with a 6 year old daughter) this past July. I moved in with my boyfriend at the time and we got engaged in November. My fiance and I have been together for two years, we have our ups and downs but he's nothing short of a loving person. I have bipolar II, depression and anxiety. I don't do good with change and despite the fact that it's been months since I've moved out, I'm still so anxious all of the time. I was trying to wean off of my medicine because I lost my state insurance but have resumed all medications at the appropriate levels because I now have new insurance. We are struggling financially and being that I have never had any serious bills outside of a car payment, car insurance, cell phone and small credit card bills, I have a hard time saving money. I started a new job in September which is another change, I make more money here but we are swamped in bills that I barely have any money to spend which is yet again, another change. My job is ok, it's boring sometimes which leaves my anxiety to rule my mind with scary thoughts. My fiance and I have been arguing lately mostly over money and I left Friday night, drove back to my parents house and spent the night there. While at my parents house, I realized that it was no longer my home and it didn't feel like home either. I'm scared that I've racked up too much credit card debt that I will never get out of this hole (it's close to $8,000) plus, I owe approximately $10,000 on my car. It's all so depressing, I know it's called being an adult but good grief, I'm so stressed out. My fiance is supportive of my mental health needs and I truly believe, that he loves me for me but he comes off as controlling to me. I've addressed these issues with him and he doesn't see it. I've asked him to go to counseling but he's reluctant. I'm hoping that once I resume counseling, I can bring him with me. I don't want to leave him. I'm also stressed out about going back to school to; I want to pursue my bachelor's degree but that thought just adds to my stress. I just want someone to tell me that it will all work out ok and maybe give me some tips on how to cope with everything.
Hang in there my freind you are going through a real tough time God willing everything is going to be ok.

Good luck with everything

afterlifepig

You have a lot going for you. Your partner seems like basically a good guy. Reminds me that my dad is kind of controlling ... he is like the alpha gorilla ... but that doesn't bother me. You can have an imperfect family and still love them. If you can do that, I think you are okay. The debt sucks but it is in the realm of reasonableness - you can get through it. Just take it day by day, like me working on my video game ... it takes years, but you get through it and make continuous progress. Good luck!

Acanthi

It sounds like you have a lot on your shoulders. A lot of change at once can be overwhelming. Take a step back, take a deep breath. Everything is going to be ok. *hugggsssssss*

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00