I just want this to be over.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by countingdown, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countingdown

countingdown New Member

I want to kill myself.
    I've tried so many times to XXXXXXX.
    I always end up pulling the knot lose before I lose consciousness.
    Why can't I succeed?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Counting down,

welcome to sf :) :hug:

Why not look for ways to succeed in doing something you like? something to live for? There must be things you haven't done yet,places you haven't seen.
    How old are you? and why do you want to die so badly? Keep talking if it helps,Im here if you need to talk xx

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree regenisis that was in poor taste..

Hey counting down,
    Welcome to the forum..Why don't you talk a little more with us so we better understand what is eating at you...You will slowly build your trust with us. So why not read some other posts and find your comfort zone and then talk to us..Take care...

4. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

If you stay and think how the world changed...40 years ago we werent even able to write something complicated on a PC.And now,we can talk from miles away with no probs.
    And in the future we may even see these persons as hologrames.Don't you wanna reach the day you will see a person in front of you,only that he is miles away?If you kill yourself,you miss that.Yeah,we'll probably be old anyway,but we'll still see it.Or what about the PC's of the future?Or self-driving cars(which is estimated that will be available in about 30 yrs)?Don't you want to tell a car were to take you and then just relax?
    You will miss these if you kill yourself.Also,the virgin space company(or whatever is called),will start making tourist runs in space since 2013.It will be very expensive,but maybe by the year 2025 we will afford one easily.Just as the traveling with the plain was a luxury in the early days.
    As a short run,you can just go to Caraibe and have fun a few days.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...glad you found us...there are many ppl here who have found the reasons why they have not exited...hope you can find a reason yourself...just about anything is fixable...go back to college, find another job, etc. and about your GF, it takes time...big hugs, J

6. countingdown

countingdown New Member

I appreciate the responses... and I know this is a support forum, but to be honest I am surprised by your optimism... yes, as you say, I could travel or try to just have fun or wait around for new tech developments... my real question is whether the pain in life is worth any of that. If life is an assorted bag of joy and pain, the joy has to outweigh the pain in order for life to be worth living, right? And I guess I've just come around to a place where I don't believe joy will ever outweigh pain. I know you will probably tell me to hold on, or whatever... but I'm not sure that I'm willing to anymore. I've been holding on. I'm ready to let go.

7. Seabiscuit

Seabiscuit Member

If you lose your courage to live and choose death as a way of escape,everyone will look down you.Just revive your courage and let them shut up.

8. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

If you choose death are you really going to care how people look at you?

9. countingdown

countingdown New Member

Thanks for trying to help, but I've decided.

10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I can only respond from my own personal experiences...spent 15 years of my childhood being raped and tortured, and most of my adulthood paying for things I did not deserve...about 1 yr ago, I decided that I was no longer going to give up my life to the after effects of someone else's sadism...spent this last yr living in the moment as much as possible, taking on the good with the bad and understanding how very imperfect I am...learned to forgive and to love in the process...so yes, I have come from the most horrific ways to be treated, to someone who lives as if I can die...also, was hit by a truck 5 yrs ago and live in constant pain...we all have something to live with...I have my moments when the pain is clearly stronger than my inner voice, but for the most part, I am very aware of my blessings...J

11. CityBlue

CityBlue Member

Go to a hospital, they'll admit you and you'll feel safe and the pressure will be gone. I just got out and now I know that it's there if I need it. You will also see people who are worse off than you and you'll realize that there is still hope.

Plus, the feeling of control you'll get for admitting yourself will probably help. I was signed in and had no say in the matter and arrived there not long after my failed attempt. The docs will tell you the truth and help you.

12. countingdown

countingdown New Member

Apparently about 80 people commit suicide in the States everyday. I've read a few other posts on here and it seems like there are a lot of people on here who feel the same as I. I am not going to try to change anyone's mind... if it gets to the point where life is overwhelming, then I think everyone should have the right to choose.

So to those eighty people, whoever and wherever you may be tonight: Cheers. See you on the other side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.