I just want to be me

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Scully, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Change my first name, or more use the one I've used daily for 15 years. Live my life my way. I hate society. Hypocrite small talks and chit-chats. I mean no harm, I'm refused to be me. I harm myself. In what is it any better?

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

To thine own self be true. This is a profound statement. When we are in our teens we are taking a hard look at what is okay and what is not okay. There are so many opinions on what is right and wrong.

As you draw your conclusions (and it's okay to revise them in life), you will face setting your boundaries. That's a whole new social skill that can be very upsetting because it can invite conflict. Conflict undoes me very fast.

I figure if I'm hurting anyway, when a matter is important enough, I will risk the pain of conflict to make a change for me for the better.

I couldn't even try this until I read a short statement in a magazine that said, "candy coat your no."

Keep coming back here, we'll help you through this.

:hug:

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Wow Vivian really nailed it. And yes please keep posting and let those that can, help you through this Dana. Let us be the strength while you take the time to find yourself and live your life happily with who you really are and not the person you feel you have to be for everyone else.

4. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    Yes, that's what it's about. Being another to fit led me to here. I've been working on being me, maybe too much, or I'm just so different, but I don't care. You CAN still choose your friends in life. Conflict is something that I'm starting to include to life. To me in my head, conflict meant automatically clash with no return, no forgiving. It's changing, it's long, tough. Some days unbearable. But necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.