I just want to give up

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lost007, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost007

lost007 Member

I'm not quite sure why I'm posting this...but I know that I can't take the swarm of emotions inside of me much longer. I try so hard, but I feel like all I have done is dissapoint my friends and my family. I try to be a leader in my academic life but I feel the pressure getting so high I nearly don't want to do it anymore. I'm depressed, so very depressed...I just don't know where to turn anymore. I want to hurt myself sometimes but I know that won't make the situation better. I'm in a field where it is my job to help other people and right now I find myself trying to figure out where it is I belong in life. I hate feeling like I don't want to get up out of bed anymore. I feel like going crazy. I feel like I hold little worth to anyone...I have friends, but no really close friends. I never know who to turn to...who will have my back. I was thinking about just going to the hospital and telling them all I want to do is sleep, I'm anxious about everything, I cry all the time, I'm an emotional wreck and I have no idea how to fix it anymore. But I'm afraid of what the consequences will be. I don't want to get any worse. I've already been there several years ago....wishing I could just dissapear....I don't want to get there again but I don't know what to do, I just want to give up most days anymore. What can I do to make this go away? Who is there left to turn to anymore? I feel like I'm breaking faster then I can put myself together.
  2. Anotherday

Anotherday Member

Well, you are not alone in feeling this way. I can relate as I've been in a bad depression lately myself.

I see a therapist and go to a support group to deal with stuff. I don't know that it helps that much at times, but I must try to deal with the depression.

Can you go to counseling or find a support group in your community?
  3. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

i know exactly how you feel.
    i feel this way almost everyday,but i hide it cause i dont want ppl to worryabout me. and i also feel like i have no one to turn too.i know exactly how you feel,and to be honest,i think this is the one post where i can say i seriously can relate.

if you ever need someone i'm here.hang in there,you'll be okay.i know you will.
  4. kpmth3

kpmth3 Member

let's go thru this together, no more alone stuff

i am in also in a time of my life where i am completely lost as to what i want to do and, at the roots, who i really am. i am trying to find Jesus, and I feel that that way will help me conquer these feelings of depression and despair.

i understand how hard these times and feelings may be, but if you need support, pm me anytime. together, not alone!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.