I just want to go home

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Like it says in the title. All I want is to be out of here and back in my own home again with Jessica and our friends. But friends are gone, Jessica’s dead, and our home is someone else’s now.

I don’t know how to describe what it meant, having a place in the world where I really belonged, with people who really wanted me there. It was like I’d finally clawed my way out of the pit of pain and loneliness where I’d spent my youth. Like I’d finally won at life after being beat down over and over again, and the prize was getting to feel like a real person. And then all of it was gone in an instant. Pushed right back into the pit.

And I don’t think I’ll ever be able to climb back out again. I don’t think I’ll ever have a place in the world anymore. This is it now, just me, alone again, for the rest of my life. All I can do is hope that won’t be too long.

I want to go home.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Like it says in the title. All I want is to be out of here and back in my own home again with Jessica and our friends. But friends are gone, Jessica’s dead, and our home is someone else’s now.

I don’t know how to describe what it meant, having a place in the world where I really belonged, with people who really wanted me there. It was like I’d finally clawed my way out of the pit of pain and loneliness where I’d spent my youth. Like I’d finally won at life after being beat down over and over again, and the prize was getting to feel like a real person. And then all of it was gone in an instant. Pushed right back into the pit.

And I don’t think I’ll ever be able to climb back out again. I don’t think I’ll ever have a place in the world anymore. This is it now, just me, alone again, for the rest of my life. All I can do is hope that won’t be too long.

I want to go home.
I read your post @Gonz and I wish so hard for some peace for you. Life is so brutal. I know this friend. *console

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I appreciate you guys. A lot. Aside from my therapist, SF people are all I ever talk to. And I mean that pretty literally. So, you know, I don’t know how much crazier I’d be going if not for y’all.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00