I just want to say thank you

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Blackbird33, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

To all the people who showed me kindness and offered support. But after soul-searching I've come to the decision to end my life I just need to finish up some final things in the coming weeks. Than after I finish things up I'm going to end my life. I'm sorry for any trouble I've caused people.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are no trouble hun you are in the same place many of us are at. You hun need to spend whatever energy you have left in getting the help you need to get strong again

There is hope hun there is so don't give up fight hun go out and get reinforcements for you ok hugs
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

You say you came to the decision, which means that in the future you may come to the decision not to do this... but the problem will be that once you are gone, you can not make decisions again. This is just one of the many reasons that suicide is always the wrong decision to make. It is not a solution. Trying desperately, even if it takes forever, to find wellness is the true solution every time. Please consider doing the right thing. You don't have to end your life and take away all your future chances to be happy one day.
  4. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

Hi Blackbird 33, I'm at the same point, do you mind if I ask why you've reached this decision?
  5. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

It's a culmination of things and the best decision I can make is to end my life. Things don't always get better and the future isn't always brighter for some of us.
  6. exkend

exkend Well-Known Member

I've recently read a few books about suicide, and recommend you read: after the suicide. I found it very moving and informative and think it might help you get a clearer understanding regarding the grief and trauma that others will have to go through afterwards. Another good book is myths about suicide, the author's father and maternal grandfather both commited suicide.
    Have you found any psychotherapists who can help you? Are you on any type of medication? Have you exhuasted all available options? Do yu think that hospitalisation might be an option for a bit of time?
  7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Honey.... I understand how things can accumulate until we feel we are snowed under with no way out. Been there, and I decided suicide was the only thing I could do too........ so I did.

It didn't work. I am lucky not to be impaired like a vegetable.

Since this happened 15 years ago, my life has been totally restored to me. The stuff that was causing the culmination has all dissipated........

completely nothing special about me that I should be here, but I am......... and so I know that - both objectively and subjectively, suicide is not the way through, although it seems very much like it at the time. Everything, but every single thing, is redeemable and restorable. There was so much lacking in my belief system I just could not see that though..... which is why the journey out is a process, not a magic wand. But I am totally convinced it is there for everyone as the best option, hun :)
  8. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Blackbird33 I hope that you can find a reason to reconsider this. Can you talk us through the factors pushing you towards this decision?
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You haven't ever caused any trouble. :hug: I really hope you reconsider and continue reaching out, people do care!
  10. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

And you are able to say that because you are very, very old and have tried and found it to be true by the experience of time... or you are saying that because you are just saying that and so that you can stick to your current decision..?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.