1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just want to sleep forever

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fixture, Mar 7, 2018.

1. fixture

fixture New Member

I am so tired of life. Between pressure from classes, family and friends, I just can't seem to win. My grades are dropping and I can't seem to get myself to care enough to fix them. But if I fail, I don't know what I would tell anyone, I feel like if that happened, people wouldn't even mid if I killed myself, because I would be worthless. My only redeeming quality is that I am going to a good school and I can't even do that without ruining everything. I don't even necessarily want to actually do the act of killing myself, I just want to be done with all of this.

2. Bryz

Bryz Member

Hi fixture. Being a student is hard sometimes, you'll face challenges and being pressured by people around you, but dont worry cause it is very normal and it is part of being a student.i've been there. regarding on your grades. just dont give up on it. And even if it is. Its not the end of the world you know. Life is more than that. life is more than having a good grades. Life is wonderful. Give yourself a break by doing what you love for now. it'll give you a clean slate to push again. Im willing to listen. Keep strong! ;)

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hello @fixture I attempted college a couple of times and failed due to many reasons. Make no mistake - being a student is tough for a lot of not all the students you just hae to try and find a way to work around it. Does your school have a psychologist you could talk to? Or even a nurse? Anyone at all that you could open up to because please hear me when I say, do not suffer in silence.

Wishing you the best.

4. Drkwoz

Drkwoz Member

Listen to this...... It isn' school and there is no pressure. Get that out of your head you don't want to disappoint your family. You are afraid what everyone around you will think. I will tell you this if you gave your family a choice school or suicide they would pick your happiness every time. The reason they want school for you is so that you don't have to struggle through life broke. We have to remember that our family only wants the best for each other. Would you want your mom or dad killing themselves because they got fired? The most important thing to your family is YOU. I know this because <Mod Edit - Methods> from the pressure of disappointing me. I would of chose him always. You need to take a breath and tell people how you want to live your life. You have to remember that this is YOUR life no one else's. You choose how you want to live even if it doesn't fit with your parents family or friends ideas or belief.

5. fixture

fixture New Member

There are counselors, but I feel like I've been kind of discouraged to go, that normal people don't go talk to a therapist, but that might be something I have to fix about myself, feeling like I'm not good enough if I try to get help.

6. fixture

fixture New Member

Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that, but thank you so much for sharing. I hate disappointing the people I care about so much and it frustrates me to think that that is what is holding me back from being happy, but I guess sometimes I have to do what is best for me and not what will make everyone else happy

7. ToGoFruit

ToGoFruit Well-Known Member

It's amazing how it all can seem to pile on at once, right? I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed by the weight of these responsibilities and pressures. Let me just rebuke that lie, however, people would definitely notice and definitely care if you chose an irreversible route. I want to encourage you to reach out to someone you trust about these challenges. If we don't have healthy, safe outlets...leaving our own thoughts to often over-critical perspectives can be a dangerous place without the opportunity for truth to be poured in. We all need this! Thank you for voicing your thoughts here and being so vulnerable with us in these struggles.