I keep calling crisis lines. Kind of like extra therapy sessions. Is that wrong????

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MotownJohnny, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotownJohnny

MotownJohnny Member

I feel compelled to do it, I really need to talk to people. But, I feel like I'm taking up too much time, when they could be helping other people in worse crisis mode than I am. Should I cool it? Is it wrong and selfish?

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

Re: I keep calling crisis lines. Kind of like extra therapy sessions. Is that wrong

no. your problem is also important...

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Re: I keep calling crisis lines. Kind of like extra therapy sessions. Is that wrong

If you really need to talk to them then do not feel you are wasting their time. The issues you have are just as important as anyone else. If you are calling just to have someone to chat with, then maybe sit back and think about whether it is appropriate. Could your needs be met in a different way that is still safe? Being in crisis is different for each individual. What oother options do you have?

4. MotownJohnny

MotownJohnny Member

Thank you. It's just the fact that, while I have suicidal thoughts and feel like the worst scum on the face of the planet, there is no intent to carry out a plan. So, it's not an urgent situation, which is why I feel they could help some who is really in imminent danger of acting on it.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I'm curious as I never call those lines as I'm scared to find cops at my door. Was wondering which lines were the best.

6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

or how much they cost. when one has little to no money...

7. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

I've always wished i could find one of those lines where someone would just talk to you, just like it seems you are doing. unfortunately for me it always ends up in the crisis line person alerting the local police and then trying to locate me and "save" me, so I've stopped calling and that's that. perhaps they can't comprehend that a person can be severely depressed, suicidal even, but does not want "help," does not want "saving," just a non-judgmental human voice and ear to reach out to.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's not selfish at all. If you are in crisis or just need to talk, then go for it. Your problems aren't less important than anyone else's.

9. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I just called the crisis line again after a long time ago, and I just told them I don't have a plan, but only ideations. She wanted to encourage to use my coping skills so I promised her that I will come to this site to process and get support and she'll call back in a half hour to check on me. That's pretty much what they do. However, if I really am going to do it with no more hesitation, I will call them for help. Actually, I'm really wanting hospitalization. Just want to wait till Monday and tell my pdoc how much I've been struggling. Then I will go if that is the solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.