I knew I was dumb :(

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mikeintx, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

2. ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost Member

A link is different than causality.

If you are smart enough to live and get by then you are as smart as you need to be really.
  3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Link Identified Between higher nose picking and Attempted Suicide in Men

:stars: Go go go the need for people to define people!
  4. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

IQ is a flawed measurement.
  6. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

it really is. i believe a frenchman originally came up with that.. and frankly it doesnt mean anything. IQ is nothing more than a measurement of certain intellegence.. not overall general intellegence. if anyone ever tells you they have a higher IQ than you, say ok dude.. i dont need to take tests.. thats how smart i am :) LOL! seriously its all about believing in yourself bro.. :Jehuty: and cheese.. its about cheese lol.. :yay:
  7. empty101

empty101 Well-Known Member

IMO intelligence is a practical word and should not be treated scientifically. We see one guy accomplish things or solve problems and another guy just doesn't get it. We use the word intelligence to separate these two.

To take the simplification and turn it into a thing itself is foolish in my opinion unless it serves a practical purpose. The brain is just something we really don't understand despite all our other advancements in sciences. We can understand so much but as soon as you throw in a person or the "human factor", as I call it, things get difficult.

Yet they have taken this simplified word, turned it into something itself and put it on a ridiculously simple linear scale. You are 95, I am 102, he is 115. I assure you the world is much more complex. You have the power to learn, adapt, make decisions, fail or succeed so don't let any of this crap persuade you otherwise. Don't let words like science, researcher, doctor, medical records or anything of that type convince you of anything else.
  8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, I have often thought, when doctors are attempting to gauge how severe my depression is, that I wasn't stupid enough to make an attempt that'll fail... (But they interpret it as meaning that my depression is less severe than the girl who tried to OD on vitamins.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.