• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

I know a couple people who survived the Boulder, CO shooting a few days ago

Vanquished

Lately I’ve been hit by a barrage of things, and the latest was the shooting in Boulder, CO. I’m thankful to say that I don’t know any of the people who died, but I do know two people who survived it. One of them had to walk past a few bodies. The 2nd one has intellectual disabilities and has worked at that store for about 15yrs. My heart breaks for them and what they had to witness!

I’m so saddened that this would happen here. Boulder is a place that although is one of the most affluent places in America it is also one of the most kind places to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health issues, and those that are homeless.
It’s not a perfect place, but I think it’s about as good as it can get in this day and age. Ya know?

I went to a store yesterday and found myself keeping an eye on my surroundings, even more than I normally do. I told my daughter that I think it’s more important than ever to know of places to escape to when going to any kind of store. I wasn’t even at the store that was targeted, but something about it being so close to home that has made me a lot more hyper vigilant now. I’m tired of so much violence, and I’m tired of people believing that violence is the answer because clearly it’s not.

Pity I can’t get a therapist cuz this would be a really good time for one.

Sorry that you and your friends are going through this.
I wasn’t even at the store that was targeted, but something about it being so close to home that has made me a lot more hyper vigilant now
I think it's natural for an event like this to have a greater impact the more you feel connected to it.

There are actually some free post-shooting support service available in the boulder area, but I can't mention them.

A_J_R

It's certainly normal to be sensitive after such a terrible act happened so closely. And wonderfully empathetic of you to be thinking of your friends. The whole thing sounds so traumatic. I'm very sorry.

Vanquished

Sorry that you and your friends are going through this.

I think it's natural for an event like this to have a greater impact the more you feel connected to it.

There are actually some free post-shooting support service available in the boulder area, but I can't mention them.
I would prefer to sit out trying to do the support services, at least for now. There are far more in the immediate area who are going to need those services. They’ll have their hands full just from those folks who are in the area.

I’ll just deal with the nervousness of going in stores, or I’ll try to get my act together better so I can just do pick up. I’ve done that a lot thru the pandemic anyway, but still find myself running into a store a couple more times a month. I shop at Kings all the time.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi, I saw this on the news and was so saddened, I am sorry you have been affected by this. Please know we're here for you, anytime you need us. I shall keep you in my thoughts and prayers *hug

Lane

SF Supporter
Lately I’ve been hit by a barrage of things, and the latest was the shooting in Boulder, CO. I’m thankful to say that I don’t know any of the people who died, but I do know two people who survived it. One of them had to walk past a few bodies. The 2nd one has intellectual disabilities and has worked at that store for about 15yrs. My heart breaks for them and what they had to witness!

I’m so saddened that this would happen here. Boulder is a place that although is one of the most affluent places in America it is also one of the most kind places to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health issues, and those that are homeless.
It’s not a perfect place, but I think it’s about as good as it can get in this day and age. Ya know?

I went to a store yesterday and found myself keeping an eye on my surroundings, even more than I normally do. I told my daughter that I think it’s more important than ever to know of places to escape to when going to any kind of store. I wasn’t even at the store that was targeted, but something about it being so close to home that has made me a lot more hyper vigilant now. I’m tired of so much violence, and I’m tired of people believing that violence is the answer because clearly it’s not.

Boulder sounds like a very special place in our country. Thank you for sharing this here. I'm sorry that it's effected you like this however. I'm glad that you have your daughter to talk with as well as us here @betteroffunknown . *console

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00