i know i'm in the hospital but i would perfer some support from my friends here now

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Insignificant, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i am in a hard way atm. i don't want to talk to them here cause then i could lose my priveleges to get off of the unit throughout the day.

sunday i came across a plastic bag from actually one of the staff here, and didn't realize til then just how badly i want a means to an end here. i have led them to believe that i'm just fine, but i certainly don't feel this way. i've managed to find a means to an end here and this being a measure i've only considered one other time in my life, but obviously there are few means to an end here at the hospital. i knew i was feeling low but little did i know just how low until i came across the bag. i'm not so sure how to handle this and i wanted to talk to my friends here about this.

sorry if i bored u all. please take care

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Re: i know i'm in the hospital but i would perfer some support from my friends here n

Hi again Liz, please talk to the staff on the ward, be open with them, they will understand, you wouldn't be getting the treatment you are unless you were in a bad way so they aren't going to be shocked at what you tell them.
    Of course I am not suggesting this as a replacement for your friends here, of course we are here and want to support you all we can but unless you are open with the staff they won't be able to give you the best possible care.

Take care Liz.

:hug: Hazel xx

3. Insignificant

Re: i know i'm in the hospital but i would perfer some support from my friends here n

i have that taste of freedom again. i don't want to be locked up full time again. i do hear ya though. i know i should.

4. LittleSparkles13

LittleSparkles13 Well-Known Member

Hiya

I hope you are feeling better, i am here if you need to talk

5. Insignificant

i'm sorry apparently i've come to the wrong place for support. wow it's now been two and a half hours sinse i was last on and no one excuse me two people have bothered reading this. just when i didn't think i could feel any worse....

6. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

Insignificant,

Hi dear, Im glad you have come to chat to talk to us...I hope we are all able to help you to feel a little better and get through this difficult time...I agree 100% with Hazel also though, and you should think about telling the staff at the hospital, I know about the privledges, but your life is more iomportant, and plus they will give them right back....take care and we are here for you dear...thinking of you and sending lots of hugs and prayers....

BIG HUGS
    -Jodi

7. Insignificant

i honestly have a hard time talking to them here cause they always over react cause of my friends death in feb.. last time i addmitted to anything they put me in paper gowns, and mon. and staff member slammed on me for struggling on sunday. those are the facts. now i'm just afraid to say anything.

8. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Do you not have a therapist you can itimately communicate with who is disconnected from the hospital?
    :hug:

9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun :hug:

Is there any one member of staff that you trust more than the others?
    If you could find one you could trust and told them whats been happening, because Hazel is right; without the information they can't give you the best care.
    Hope you don't have to stay there too long hun and that it at least gets easier :hug:

10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Hey Liz, I'm sorry I only just saw this thread. I don't think I can say anything else that hasn't been mentioned already, but I just wanted to say I hope things get better for you and you're not in hospital for too long. You're a strong person and can get through this. Take care of yourself hun and stay safe. :hug:

11. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm really sorry you're feeling low and trapped in that place, but you know that the best thing is to let them help you as best they can. It may be very uncomfortable for you short-term, but we are talking about your LIFE here and we all want you to get better. You are in my thoughts and I hope things start looking up for you :)

12. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Hey Liz i to have only just seen the thread had i been on line i would have talked to you for as long as you needed . One small problem i have found with SF is time differences particularly if u are in US and we are in UK but rest assured we will read it when we can TC hun hope your a little better but give yourself time to heal:unsure:

13. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I just now saw this thread too Liz or I would have answered a long time ago. I hope you have gotten rid of the plastic bag so you are no longer tempted to use it. I can understand your hesitancy to tell the staff and risk losing freedom, but if you ar really seriously considering harming yourself, they need to know. We are here for you Liz. i am sorry if you did not receive the responses you expected in the time you were here. Remember there are many threads and sometimes you get so far and have to stop for awhile. Then you come back and see some you wish you had gotten to earlier. How did your treatment go this morning? You are in my thoughts everyday. I hope this works and you can get out and find the happiness you have worked so long and hard for. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.