I know myself well enough...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Phil, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Phil

Phil Member

that I am sure my thoughts of an exit tonight will not come to fruition, but it doesn't stop. There is someone that depends on me to be able to work and make money and I love her, it is just, literally, everything else that is bad right now, I see a psychiatrist and am medicated for anxiety and depression, but I feel like I have no one to talk to, candidly, about my feelings.
    If i was to say I am thinking about killing myself to anyone I would get back a "you're just saying that to get attention" or "go ahead and do it, if you were going to you would have by now" or "just take your pills you will be fine". I need to be heard! I don't get excited about anything anymore, I am tired of being in pain (mostly emotional) I am tired of having to fight to get up in the morning, I am tired of having to drag through my day because I couldn't get to sleep. I am just tired.
  2. DeadAlive

DeadAlive Member

If you love someone... and that person finds you dead...

Sometimes you got to man up and talk to someone... it takes the pressure off you and maybe you will feel better. I know I do when I feel that way. And I seriously don't think anyone who cares about you would say those excuses you mentioned. They would want to listen and help you. It takes guts to tell someone how you are feeling.

Also realize though; be careful who you talk to. I scared off a lot of people when I talked about suicide. It is better to talk on a suicide chat line where you can chat with trained people. People who are not trained don't often know how to deal with this topic. So don't blame your friends if they shy away from you... they just don't know what to do most of the time.

This is a good website. When I first started coming here.. I could barely get by. Now all I want to do is share hope with people... because I am feeling better now.
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You are important we implore you to kee posting your story. Let us help you and please do not think different. We understand what you are going through and We want to help you through this tough period of your life.

Please take care and most important be safe my friend.
  4. Phil

Phil Member

Thank both of you! Just knowing someone is listening really does help, and having an outlet to say what I am thinking without the fear of someone calling 911 or something is powerful. I don't have much time right now. I just wanted to let you know I hear you and I am still here, one day at a time right now. Things are bound to get better.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am so glad you are still here Phil, well done. You are very brave for continuing this fight, I wish you the best of luck for the future and remember SF is here for you 24/7. We will listen and help as much as possible. How are you feeling? :)
    iam likes this.