I Know The Numbers Should Be Less.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Floop, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floop

Floop Member

I eat when i'm sad, i'm sad because i eat.
    I'm overweight people tell me i'm not just to be nice, i am not trying to gain attention...I am overweight.
    I'm not sure how much i weigh but i know the numbers should be less.

The only way i seem to lose weight is by hardly eating anything and exercising alot. When i say hardly eating i mean...stop eating. Some days i might eat a piece of fruit or something just to keep me going. I've tried loads of other diets and tried doing it the 'right way' but it just doesn't work!

All of my friends seem to be getting bf's and i know it's not the most important thing in the world but i atleast want people to look at me. If that makes sense. I'm down alot because of my weight and my friends tell me 'i'm fine how i am' they don't know what it's like being overweight.

How can i get the weight of...quickly?

2. Thinice

Thinice Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be seen giving out bad advice. But I didn't eat a thing for 3 days and lost about 5lbs. I wouldn't recommend it because I doubt it's even the slightest bit good for you. But you know, I lost weight...
  3. revoltra

revoltra Well-Known Member

Fasting wont do you any good, believe me i know. when fasting you might loose wait but the minute you eat again you will gain it all back and then more. And in the process of fasting you'll screw up your metabolism and continuing fasting can lead to major long term damages.

i know it's hard but take it from someone whos been there. don't turn to restriction it will only make it all worse.....
  4. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Losing weight quickly is a no no. Why? Because it just comes back on again afterwards. You really do need to do it the right way or no way at all - anything else will just screw you up. Restricting your food intake, exercising loads? been there - done that. If you want all the dizzyness and nausea and fainting and everything else that comes with it then be my guest, but it's no fun. Anorexia can lead to nerve damage.

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Losing weight quickly will make you more likely to put weight on, ironically, because you mess up your metabolism. It slows down and stores food. Also, if you restrict you will be more likely to want to eat after, thus creating a binge, and then you get sad you have eaten a lot, and so eat more. Restricting just effectively feeds your vicious cycle.

It sounds like you need some real help and support, both for your eating, but also because of the emotions that cause you to eat.

On a practical level, you need to eat a healthy amount and do moderate exercise and that will help to lose weight in a healthy way, which will make it more inclined to stay off. If you eat when you are sad, have you tried eating things like fruit or veg? Salad? Healthy foods like that? I think you probably need some professional advice to help you do this.

On an emotional level, you really need some help and support to help you deal with the issues behind it.

My best suggestion would be to go and talk to your doctor, explain the situation and expplain what it is you need help with. They may refer you to a dietician, they may refer you to eating disorders service, or some other sort of mental health support, they may refer you to someone within the practice that can help you with your eating, they may want to treat you themself, but potentially, seeing a GP can open up a world of support that could help you to work through this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.