I know this doesn't belong in this section, but I need some advice

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ziva, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziva

Ziva Well-Known Member

I have been prescribed 30 0.5 mg Clonazepam pills for anxiety, but they don't seem to work. I went to a walk in clinic that is in my university, since my Psychologist suggested that I need to get something for all the anxiety I have been going through. Anyway, I took 2 mg(four 0.5 mg pills but they don't seem to work). I am going to my family doctor on Thursday and am wondering if anyone can suggest anything for me, since my family doctor basically expects you to tell him what you want to have prescribed. I just need something to help me with all this anxiety and stress I am going through, and counselling is helping, but it's not enough, since I find no matter what I do, I can't sleep at night because of all the crap that has been going on in my life. I would like any suggestions, and I wll do the research on these medications that are suggested before I go to the doctor, which is on Thursday, so if you don't mind telling me what you find that works for you, I will appreciate it. Any help I can get will be appreciated. I tried Lorazepam, but it makes me more suicidal the next day than I already am. And no, I'm not looking for anti-anxiety medication to help me attempt suicide, I just need something to help with all the stress I am going through (I have made past posts about it, see my profile history for my previous posts I have made in the past). I have friends, but they don't quite understand what I'm experinecing, and the counselling center at the University I attend is no better, since they really don't give a shit. I know they can't prescribe anything, but if I could get something to help with all this anxiety I have been dealing with since August 2010, I would appreciate any suggestions that you have. Also, I have had severe anxiety since I was little but it was all chalked up to bullying (which it wasn't, I never skipped a class in all the years I attended school, right up until I finished high school), and I was prescribed Zoloft, but that didn't work, and no matter what I told my neurologist I was seeing when I was little(he was a pediatrics neurologist), he just didn't give a fuck of what I was saying. I was followed by neurology because of a cyst that was growing on my brain, and I have a shunt in to prevent the fluid from the cyst from building up, but the shunt disconnected when I was 12 years old, and since then my life has been a fuck up with the seizures and all. I am now on anti-seizure medication, but they only work for that, nothing else. Anyway, any suggestion on what I can suggest to be prescribed by my family doctor for anti-anxiety medication would be helpful.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011
  2. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

If you haven't done it yet it could be good to hear what another doctor has to say about what medication you could take ?

Don't have any experience with medication on these things myself so it's the only tip i can give.
    Maybe some one else here can ?
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, there. I'm sorry you're having a lot challenges right now. Sounds pretty rough.

I don't know what drugs to suggest - I'm not a doctor. But I agree with stormrider...a second opinion from your family doctor is a good idea.

You might feel more "listened to" if you make a list of things you want the doctor to know and to consider before he/she makes suggestions. Then when you're at the appointment, you can read it and even give him/her a copy of it. Some things you might want to talk about are the sources of stress, what happens to you when you are stressed (e.g., insomnia), and how it is affecting you day to day (??? sleepy during the day? how are your classes going?). A discussion with you about these kinds of things can help your doctor determine what sort of approach to take and what prescription meds would be best for you, specifically.

Post again to let us know how you make out on Thursday.

4. Ziva

Ziva Well-Known Member

I've already tried making a list, but with the doctor I have, he doesn't really listen or give a shit. I will try to switch doctors, I have in the past, but nobody I have called around to see will take any new patients.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.