I know this feeling, seems familiar... first few steps before the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWF

I just don't understand people, I always say the wrong things, nobody tries to understand me. I always keep quiet but its true, I always mess up, online or in real life, nobody takes it further with me. I feel so fking bad right now, I got knocked by a car today, self will, few bruises. I wish it killed me, this isn't right. Why do I always fkin mess up!

Chargette

You haven't messed up. I use to go to great lengths to understand people and agonized why others didn't understand me.

Then one day I read a book that had this sentence, "Nobody has to understand you."

I was furious and I raged for hours. When I settled down, I realized that understanding is an unspoken gift of shared experience. I suddenly had a new freedom. I stopped trying to understand others as much, and I started to let go my requirement that they understand me.

I looked at what interests me and I hang out with people of the same interests. Everyone else I am polite to.

On this forum, all of us have experienced suicidal thoughts and/or attempts. We automatically understand that between us. Because we understand this, we can talk to each other and share our feelings.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00