I life less lived

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Broken, Beat & Scarred, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its late and i'm prob not thinking all that clearly now, but still i have something on my mind that i would really like to get others opinion on, so here it goes..

Whenever i read through some of the post here, i always find theres a lot of ppl (and bless their souls for they have good harts) that tries to motivate others, try and persuade them that they really do have something to live for. It almost always comes down to the fact its the depression thats effecting their thought process and they should hang on, cause they really do have so much to live for.

That got my thinking of the first time i considered taking my own live and everything that has happened since. It was a good couple of years ago while i was still at school. I hated everything about my life. I mean really dreaded every *** damn minute of it. Honestly i had no purpose to live. But still, i couldn't do it. Somewhere inside there was a little bit of hope that kept saying "things might suck now, but its all just temporary and someday it will all get better".

So a decade later lets tally the scores. Those exact same feelings of misery, despair, anger still haunts me every day and if anything its gotten worse. Most of the ppl i knew back then has moved on to life pretty successful lives. Married, couple kids, good jobs, the whole nine yards. Now i myself have none of the above. Compared to back then (when everybody else was smart, good at sports, popular, etc.), nothings changed.

What then is the point of going on? Why hang around to live a meaningless, unfulfilled life? Now theres always the universal response to this, "no thats just the depression talking, hang in there things will turn around". WHEN, HOW, WHY? Why will everything all of the sudden magically start getting better. Just what exactly is going to be deferent tomorrow??? History tends to repeat itself right?

And thats whats keeping me awake at this late hour. I honestly don't have a good answer to the above. I'm wondering if there even is one..?

2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

If it is depression causing your anguish then it is a treatable condition and your life can get better with proper treatment.

3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Nothing will magically get better. You have to make changes or it will still exactly as it is now, or get worse, and history will continue to repeat itself...whats that saying about doing the same science experiment over and over, expecting different results, but always getting the same result....well the same applies to life in general.

I think what people should say is - "Hang in there, it will get better, if you can get the strength to make some changes, and keep making changes until you start to feel better"...or something like that.

4. tuffy

tuffy New Member

You are depressed because you are comparing yourself with others, you need to get busy yourself with the things you like doing, you may even try motivational books where speaker gave really useful tips to motivate oneselves. You can also try these :
    Brainswitching - Depression exists in the emotional part of the brain. Brainswitching uses basic mental exercises to switch the neuronal activity from the emotional part of the brain (the subcortex) to the thinking part of the brain (the neocortex) which does not have the capacity for depression.
    Aerobic Exercise- Exercise and fresh air play a big part in keeping depression and mood swings at bay. By aiming to get outside and jogging at least three times a week for half an hour at a time helps you clear your hear, think straight and aids concentration.
    Sleep- improper sleeping patterns are both the cause and consequence of depression. So why does depression cause insomnia? The answer lies in the fact that people suffering from depression have a difficult time controlling the different mood and sleep hormones. The hormones you need to improve mood and energy are not the same ones you need to help you sleep.

5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Seek some proffesional help, you'll be able to deal with what this is, most likely depression, much better then and life won't seem so bleak and unbearable. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.