I lost I'm done

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thatguy67, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguy67

thatguy67 Member

It's a very long story and I'm tired of telling it but basically my parents made it a mission to ruin my life and they finally succeeded they are master manipulators and narcissists and they have managed to convince everyone that I am a terrible ungrateful heartless brat child all because they found out I'm an athiest they shut down my bank account so I can't leave threatened my sister if she tries to help me my dad knows my boss and is trying to get me fired they have completely won and now they are rubbing it in my face and try to tell me how bad and terrible and ungrateful I am they have literally told everyone everyone literally thinks I'm a horrible person now and I have no one they just left for church and I'm thinking they will be happy to find <Mod Edit - methods> when they get back then they will have their ultimate victory my life is completely over and no one will believe my side this is my only way out

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am sorry that your parents are trying to ruin your life. What aboit cutting off contact with them? Do you have a doctor or counsellor supporting you?

3. thatguy67

thatguy67 Member

I live with them I'm 16 and they won't let me leave and no they won't let me talk to a counselor because they don't want me to be able to tell my side of the story

4. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

You are likely old enough to see a therapist on your own as the age of consent is typically 12-15. Go to your school counselor. They can listen and give advice on finding a therapist. Find out what the family insurance is and the member number then contact them for advice on getting into therapy. The insurance company may have their own behavioral clinic or refer you to someone.

5. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

I would urge you to go to a school counselor or teacher you trust at school and tell them what's going on. If you're thinking about hurting yourself someone should know. Do you have any close friends you can call?

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

You do not need permission to talk to a counselor from parents- simply go to the school guidance - unfortunately- at 16 things like jobs and bank accounts are in fact at the discretion of parents- so long as they are not being abusive under a legal definition or neglectful under a legal definition then what they allow you to do or not do is really there discretion. I will however say that ruining your life is really impossible at 16 and in 2 years at 18 you do not need permission to leave to leave or do anything. Your only real job at 16 is school and to prepare yourself as best possible to be able to be an independent adult - at which time you can make your own decisions and you owe no further obligations to your parents at this that time just like they have none towards you at that point. Your faith or non faith is your business, however your parents can still decide whether you /your family go to church- and in the end aside from wasting an hour or two of your time on sunday they cannot force you to believe and it does no harm to sit there aside from boredom.

My point is that you want to be able to make your own decisions and and be your own person than you need to start exercising maturity which means looking at things realistically and picking and choosing your battles where to use your energy. Yes, they have a lot of control now but less than 3 years it all changes and that is no time at all from an adult perspective- a typical car loan id 5 years - so 2 years is not very long to bide ones time. You can choose to be an atheist - but being an atheist is a personal decision- and one that does not need to be waived in the faces of others- unlike some religions where there is an edict to preach the faith and attempt to convert others - there is no edict on an atheist to preach non faith or to convert others so it does not need to be a point of discussion even. Questions of faith can be diplomatically answered with "i am trying to get a better understanding of my faith and beliefs" and the topic dropped. The whole point is to minimize the situation rather than escalate it and when you are 18 have the ability to do what you want by being ion a position to leave the house and make your own decisions.

7. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I agree with what everyone else has said, go to your school counselor and talk to them, your parents have no talk in whether or not you do that.

Do you have any other family who can support you? Maybe the school counselor has something to say about your situation...

Hang in there, I know this is unfair, but do try to keep fighting. In less than 2 years you should be able to move out and do what you want. Keep that in mind. This is not forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.