I lost my best friend

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by wozudichter, May 24, 2009.

1. wozudichter

wozudichter Member

Hi,
    This is my first time posting here. I lost my childhood best friend six years ago to a car accident. We were best friends since fifth grade, and he died my senior year. He was a good person, and I miss him terribly. I remember how pale he looked in his coffin, and how hard his skin felt when I went down to kiss him. I remember how heavy his coffin was, and I was so small then. fuck.
    I went away to college and had a substance abuse problem. My roommate at school passed away from a heroin overdose. I dropped out of school. It's been a long time now, and the pain left for a couple years. However, now, I can't help but think of my friends, and how joyless my new relationships are in comparison. I miss my friend. I often spend my days imaging what our lives would have been like.
    It's just so hard, and I feel so lonely right now.

2. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

I feel for you. God, I'm so sorry. I want you to be happy. I'm glad my brother was cremated so I wouldn't have to see his dead face. Not that he had a face, he used a big fucking gun.

3. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I had a friend die in high school from a car accident. I wasn't too close to him but it still hurt deeply. The last time I had seen him I bought the demo CD of his band from him. I remember after the accident all I could do is listen to that CD over and over again.

4. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your friend. He lives in you now. Remember the good in that relationship and bring it to life in your new ones. :hug:

5. wozudichter

wozudichter Member

Thanks guys. Does anyone get pain in their left ring finger when you're sad?

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Im sorry!

Im here if you need to talk xx

7. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.. I lost my best friend Vanessa to cancer 2 years ago.
    It never gets any easier. :(

8. healing07

healing07 Well-Known Member

I understand your pain because I Just lost my best friend recently. Now I feel like I lost my everything. I am very sad and I know what going on you. I just say take care. God bless you.