I "love" christmas time...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by pewster, Dec 16, 2011.

1. pewster

pewster Member

I'm not sure why I'm writing this, but I just feel like I need to for some reason, maybe it's some pathetic attempt at getting sympathy. I'm 19 years old and I can't remember the last christmas I enjoyed...I've always felt alone, all the time, but during christmas I just seem to feel even more alone even with people around me. Last new years eve I spent alone since my mom and stepdad wanted to go on a trip, and this year it looks like I'll be spending both new years and christmas eve alone. I'm not even sure why I care seeing as I've never enjoyed christmas or new years, but I think it's more the thing that no one wants to spend time with me at this time of the year. I generally don't like spending time with most people so again, I'm not sure why I care. I always feel shit during christmas times, but today feels worse.

Again, not sure why I'm posting this but I guess that's it...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sure many of us understand those feeling hun i know i do glad your posting hun hope you continue to post hugs
  3. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

I usually feel even more alone during the Holidays as well, for me it's mostly because I see people out enjoying it with friends and family while I'm stuck, alone.
  4. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I used to love the holidays, but now they just feel like a drag. I get really depressed, and I just don't feel excited like I used to be. I feel your pain.
  5. maries

maries Active Member

i feel alone during christmastime too. my dad's going on and on about the religious stuff, but he gets so stressed about it and starts yelling and getting angry every single year. i can never enjoy christmas because it's always me he yells at. i dread it too. cus now christmas is just that time of the year i'm gonna be angry and hating myself and crying while everyone else is all happy and celebrating. and then i hate myself even more for letting myself get so down in christmas.

maybe you could go to a friend's house? i know it's not the same as being with family, but it's better than being alone. Merry christmas and hope it all works out for you
  6. pewster

pewster Member

Thanks for the replies :) And I might go to a friends house if I had any friends, hehe.
  7. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Pewster :hug:

I get you completely. Am in the same boat.

I plan on ordering a turkey dinner and chatting the day away.

Not optimal, but its a plan.