I love humanity- it's the people I can't stand!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Depressica, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Depressica

Depressica Member

Know what? At this point in my life, I have come to the general conclusion that people are, basically, assholes. It seems either I hurt them or they hurt me, no matter how kind or selfless or considerate I try to be. Now, this is not to say that I cannot be an asshole myself. Nobody knows better than I do what an asshole I indeed can be. :rolleyes:

However, it seems in my life that I've just had a whole lot more grief with people than many people I know. I've given my all to friends, only to have them reject me, or my friends turn out to be nut jobs (yeah like myself. I know, birds of a feather, right?), etc.

Anyways... damn, I'm so frustrated. I don't want to give this huge, long, dramatic background story of my whole life. Just suffice it to say that while I appreciate the people who were kind to me, it seems that people were more cruel or just indifferent than they were kind. I'm so damn lonely and want a meaningful relationship with a person again so much (both of the male kind or just a best friend again), yet I'm torn because I'm so afraid of being hurt.

I sure wish I had a lot of money because if I did I'd find some little house in the woods that has just the basics and just live there away from people for a year. No insincerity, no shallow conversations, no promises or obligations I feel compelled to keep, no bitches or assholes, no energy vampires, no bullshit, no guilt complexes (thanks, mom!) and no head games. I wouldn't even miss the pathetic, distorted view of reality they call TV. Just give me a telephone and my internet connection and a mess of books and I'd be set. Heck, I'd probably be more into the books. If I needed to be around people for company at some point, I'd just head down to the nearest bar and just sit there. No conversations with anyone. Just sit there. To keep me busy, I'd work on my writing, tend flowers and a vegetable garden, maybe keep a few chickens, and take my dog for at least 2 long walks a day. Yeah, that sounds about right. Just a big 'ole "Fuck you, human race... don't call me, I'll call you!"

Anyone else care to do this? Course, ya'll are welcome to be my neighbors-- about 3 miles away from me, please! :tongue:

2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I don't really like people either, but they're necessary for survival.

3. confuzzle

confuzzle Well-Known Member

I'd love to.

The way I see it, overpopulation is eventually driving us to the point of self-nuttyness, in which it's already affected a large part of it.

However, I call dibs on a small remote area of Australia ^^.

4. Depressica

Depressica Member

Or Wyoming. It's supposed to be gorgeous there. Aussie country does sound good!

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think it's only natural to feel the way you do.. I acheive this by total isolation..The only time I come out is to see my therapist or docs.. The grocery store and pharmacy are the only other places I go to..I have isolated myself away from the world for the last twenty years..No friends and no aquaintensis..