I love the smell from my dogs jowls....?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Mikeintx, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

if my dogs come up to me, they will often stick their noses in my face. If i happen to breath in, my nose gets met with this highly pleasant smell.
    It makes me feel calm and sleepy. It is very odd, i dont know why it makes me relaxed. what could it be?!

2. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

thats disgusting

points, please!
  3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Oh, you. Stop that right this second.
  5. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

i love that smell too :hug: hope it works out for you :hug:
  6. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

7. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i hope you get the support you NEED.
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

good one mike :bleh:
  9. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

i loved the smell of my dogs breath and his licks kisses, god how I fucking miss him
  10. JustSam

JustSam Well-Known Member

you guys
    are weird
  11. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Could be biological. Dog's greatest sense is their sense of smell. Animals, like humans, have certain pheramones. Perhaps the scent of the dog's facial smell around their muzzle is meant to be soothing, such as to their puppies and so forth, or to others whom they allow "close" (note that dogs don't go to other strange dog's faces first, but to their rear ends, again an odor issue, but something such as nuzzling and so forth is saved for close pack members).

I find my dog's scent comforting, too, but I think that's because I equate it with the affection my dog gives me when I'm upset and so forth. But the pheramone/scent theory is interesting!
  12. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

mm.. not sure.. like others said, probably just a comforting smell.
  13. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

urm .. not sure what 2 say other than if it makes u feel ok .. then it cant be a bad thing can it :unsure: