I Love Therapy

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by fromthatshow, Sep 8, 2008.

1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I was going to write this in the member's diary but I figured I'd share with everyone.

I have just started therapy recently and it is going amazing! Usually the rest of the day after I've gone, I feel ok, no suicidal thoughts. They generally come back the next day, but a day without thinking of suicide is amazing for me.

Today was by far the best therapy session I've ever had though. She described that what I was going through was a near-death experience, most likely from some kind of birth trauma, and that I would most likely experience it again. I got to the core issue, which I'll explain some other time, but I had an intense cry. A good cry, with loud noises and all. I felt my whole body fall asleep. Like when your foot falls asleep and you shake it to wake it up, except I had that intensely over my entire body! In this intense cry was the closest I've ever got to happiness. I had a 20 second break from panic for the first time since March!

20 seconds panic free is enough to give me hope that if I can stay in therapy at least twice a week, I may begin to have even longer periods without panic, and move on from the trauma that my Dad has caused me.

Just wanted to share my excitement with all of you because I love you all so much :heart:

2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

That is great news.. sounds like you're going back to the root of the pain, and while that's scary and painful it can also have great long lasting benefits too. I hope it continues to go well for you.. remember to take good care of yourself.. it isn't an easy process and can take a long time. Wishing you all the best x

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Be prepared for the "I hate my therapist" stage and the "I'm stuck" phase, but stick with it cos it will come good. :smile:
    Sounds like you hit a pivotal memory today :hug:

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Spence
    I'm glad therapy is going well for you and I'm glad you're happier. :) I really hope that it keeps going uphill. You deserve nothin' but the best. Be safe and I'm around if you need to talk :)

5. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Great, I'm glad you are feeling better for the moment. Every little bit of happiness helps and I'm glad you are getting some :).

6. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

i'm glad you are making progress fromthatshow, what a relief to cry and realise your pain and awaken the underlying issue. good luck and wish you well for further progress :)