I love wine

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Mortal Moon, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I think I've had a bit too much tonight :biggrin:

Seriously though, red wine is just about the greatest thing ever. It is liquid happiness. After a few glasses, I feel SO much better about my shitty life. I think it's weird that alcohol is called a "depressant", because it sure has the exact opposite effect on MY suicidally depressed ass.

(And yes, I know that depressants, despite the name, aren't the opposite of antidepressants- although that's quite an ironic fact in itself.)

Anyway, post here if alcohol takes your mind off the pain, but especially if it's in the form of a good California red wine. ;)
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Spiced rum is nice... I understand the depressant aspect, though - it makes me all giddy until the day after, when I almost certainly will have a panic attack. Therefore I do not drink.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I don't drink often (although I probably will on New Year's Eve). Wine is okay, but it has to be really sweet. I like mixed drinks!
  4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Oh... I love wine!!
    Wine and champagne tomorrow <3
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have an allergy to alcohol as I am an alcoholic. At first booze made me feel great. Over the years, is took me down a road of self destruction. And yes for me, it became a huge depressant.
  6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

:cry: :hug:
  7. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Ah a rich full-bodied Rioja or even better a Wyndham Estate Bin 444 now just thinking about that takes my mind off a lot of things lol. Unfortunately I gave up the booze when I found I was going straight from sober to hungover and missing the good bit in the middle - sigh. (Not that that's going to stop a nice cold glass of bubbly going down my throat at 12am tomorrow sorry tonight.)

Cheers everyone. :guiness:
  8. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Can't beat a nice chilled Pinot Grigio.

Goes straight to my head though so unless I'm feeling destructive I stick to cocktails :drunk:.
  9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I occasionally have a glass or two of cheap (ahem, reasonably priced) pinot noir (looks red to me :biggrin:) and I do feel sort of giddy for maybe half an hour- then super depressed an hour after that. I always get that terrible rebound.
  10. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

I've been meaning to get into Chilean wines. The Chilean wine industry was actually started by French wine makers so it's 'French tradition' + 'Chile's perfect weather and soil' = wine snob perfection.

I'm actually a beer girl but there are such times, often at fancy restaurants, when saying that one "would like a good nut brown" just doesn't fly with table mates.
  11. jhhop

jhhop Well-Known Member

I like ports. I'll drink all of them especially the red, but I die for a good Colheita. Had some good stuff from Portugal that was from 1968. At the time it was 36 yrs old. It was liquid heaven.
  12. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Cabernet is my all time fav
  13. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Same here!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.