i made a mistake.....

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Yoda, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda

Yoda Member

I have been fighting depression and suicidal felling for several years now and a few days ago i was "cornered" by my parent and i had to tell them how i felt.

I have kept them outside of my problems cuz i know that they wouldnt handle it well, and now they know everything...but as i predicted they are only making the situation worse.

How do i deal with this? every time they want to talk, it always ends with me feeling even worse......
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Tell them that you need a professional to talk to someone that can help you that you appeciate them caring but you wish to discuss your problems only with doctor Ask them to respect this decision as it will help you heal faster take care If they persist reinforce your stand that you will discuss what is bothering you with professional and when your ready you will talk with them not to hurt them but because it will help you heal better.
  3. Yoda

Yoda Member

im waiting to hear back from the clinic, for some reason they need to evaluate how messed up i am before i can talk to anyone there :huh:

And it was my parents that told me where i should go to talk to a professional....i just sence that they dont understand or believe me at all...

i wish i never told my parents :unsure:
  4. NinjaSwan

NinjaSwan Active Member

Hey Yoda.

I understand how you feel. My parents are very much the same way. Why do you feel it makes the situation worse?

Message me when you need to talk about anything. And I honestly mean that. My doors...er.... message box is always open :tongue: We all want to help :smile:
  5. Dharma4815162342

Dharma4815162342 Well-Known Member

I totally understand how you feel. I remember the day my mother first found out I was cutting myself. The disapointment and hurt I saw in her eyes just about killed me!!! But don't regret it! I know parents can be a bit tough to deal with but if its something that starts you down a path of healing then its a great thing! I remember I hated having my parents know because I felt like afterward I had to be super happy girl to make them not worry about me. Don't feel that way. You will never feel loved for who you are if you don't let people see who it is that you are. I pretended to be someone I wasnt for years while I suffered from depression in silence all alone. Having your secret out there is hard, but it IS a good thing, trust me!!! Don't let your parents burden you. Your feelings are real and you deserve to be happy!
  6. alivenkc

alivenkc Member

Glad you are seeking help. One thing I have learned is that no matter how bad things seem, you can not imagine how many would be hurt without you here. It is nothng to feel bad about or to be ashamed of. We all need a little help sometimes, could be a flue shot, a few stitches, or an anti depressant.
  7. Yoda

Yoda Member

I'm still here....and I've started seeing a professional but its difficult, after every session i feel worse than before i went there...all it does is pull repressed feelings and events back to the surface that makes me feel really depressed and suicidal..

i guess it's a work in progress but still.....:thumbdown:
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey let the therapist know how bad you feel after the sessions The therapist will change things around a bit so you don't feel so down okay. I am glad you are getting help and that you understand that sometimes the sadness will get worse before it does get better. Hang in there okay keep posting and letting us know how you are. Good for you for doing well in going to therapy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.