I made it

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by What, Jul 11, 2015.

1. What

What Active Member

After over a decade of suffering and searching, finally after having my Zyprexa bumped to 10mg, I have finally found some relief. I feel different, life feels different, the world feels different. All in a positive way. I made it, it has felt like such a long and horrendous journey but I made it. I have finally found the right treatment for me, after years of either being too scared of meds or taking the wrong meds. There have been so many times I doubted I would ever get to this point. Things are not perfect, my life still needs a lot of work, but I can do it. I can see now that I can do it.

Please hang in there, everyone! Light at the end of the tunnel is confirmed, I can vouch for it.

Meds I tried that didn't work or made me worse:
    - Zoloft
    - Lexapro
    - Xanax
    - Effexor

Things that happened while not on any meds:
    - Homelessness
    - Loss of all property
    - Loss of relationships
    - Loss of jobs
    - Health problems
    - Substance abuse
    - Car wreck
    - Loss of loved one
    And more.

Approximately 13 years of wrong meds, no meds, crisis after crisis.

All I am trying to say is that you can do this. Please believe it. I know the feeling of holding on for dear life inside my own mind. I'm not trying to lecture. I just want yall to know it is worth it. Hang in there.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Glad that you hung on and have found a medication that can help you thanks for giving us hope hugs to you
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So glad to read your success story, well done and be proud of yourself!
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Like the others be proud of what you achieved.
  5. stargazing

stargazing Member

Good to hear :) !!
  6. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

I just want to say congratulations and I am happy that you can be happy now :)