I may be hallucinating...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GoldenPsych, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I think I just saw someone in the back garden. It may have been a hallucination. I was seeing stuff last night, bit worried now as it may have been someone but I can't call anyone.

I hate feeling like this. It's sending me mad!
  2. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Have you anyone who you can talk to? To reassure you?

These hallucinations are not real - just close the curtains and have a cup of tea. If you smoke - do so.

I'm popping out right now - but try and phone someone. I'm not sure if you have someone here to do this with - so I'm going to PM my number - because I have 50 mins left and it runs out soon and I lose it!

All you need is a voice - written words I'm not sure of. They help - but its not someone speaking to you.

Anyway - I've pm'd my number - call - I'll phone back right way - and so on.

Sorry if this might seem like I'm some creep or something - but I think you can calm down here and avoid going to hospital. That's my intent.

Worth a try for me at least.

I've kind of been there - hallucinating - that kind of trauma and doubt.
  3. Silverpuddle

Silverpuddle SF Author

You don't have bipolar disorder, do you? The reason I ask is that my sister, who is bipolar, was hallucinating badly a few weeks ago when she was under a lot of stress. We took her to the psyche ER and they didn't seem concerned at all--they said that's common for people with bipolar disorder. I guess that's reassuring.
  4. peacelovingguy

Sam obviously - I think she has a emergency number but if not - do talk to someone! And do so now!

The last thing you want is to be alone when this happening.

Have you any meds such as diazepan? This would calm you fast.

Tempting though it is to drink - you know that is no good.

Take a shower - brush your teeth, wash the hair and so on.

For NOW - you need to keep a bit busy. This can pass.

So if you get real bad and nobody else is up - I am, I'm sober now also - and can just talk so that you know someone is there who knows how this thing can work.

I've followed your progress since I came here - you were doing smashing, this is a bad time - but you CAN get over it.

Worse comes to worse - go to hospital because hallucinations like this - do not sit in and lock your door! Get help - listen to me - read me, see what others say as they eventually reply.

Yours, worried, and here to talk sense to you!
  5. peacelovingguy

Yes - but its just that I think GoldenPsych is staying in tonight alone.

If she can talk to someone its not that big a deal.

If you do not get help right away, it can get worse and obviously we do not want that!

Thanks buddy - hope your reading GS - I see you just went offline though - which kinda worries me.

If any of the women here know her number - please phone!!!!

I have never spoke to GS - and as a stranger to her - sure, many woman will be hesitant to phone a man she does not know to discuss real personal stuff. But - I got to try - right? I mean, its just very worrying.

Hope you have calmed down by yourself!

We're just worried about her as its been a really sh** week for her.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
  6. Underground

Underground Well-Known Member

I had an experience like this not so long ago. I was walking somewhere quite late and I thought I saw a male mental health nurse with glasses & a beard smoking a cigarette (lol), so I walked to the other side of the road.. turns out there was nobody there. And when I went to cross the road, for some reason I thought this white BMW was driving and was about to run me over, so my heart jumped. Obviously there was nobody in the car, it was just parked. It was strange. A couple of little things like that happened that night, actually.

I don't what diagnosis(es) you have, but if you have one, it could be down to that if it's relevant. If not, it may be stress / anxiety related. I thought when that was happening I was developing psychosis or something, but I was very depressed at the time, borderline suicidal, and I've been told that stress and/or anxiety can manifest itself in small hallucinations/illusions.

Hope all s'well.

Just read the replies, well, I'm sorry I cannot be of much use then I guess ....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.