I messed up and am at a loss at what to do...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Shattered, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shattered

Shattered Member

I was able to mess up the only constant frienship I had... I went to a party where the guy I've loved for more than 3 years was and flirting with everyone. In the end he kissed me but proclaimed his love for one of my best friends, even when he knows I love him, and that she's one of the few people I'm close to. She was flirting right back with him, even if she knew I love him. She said she'd kiss him if he were sober.

In the party I got drunk, I liked the numb feeling it was giving me, and I did one of the stupidest things I've done. I let my best best friend's ex boyfriend kiss me...

She's the oldest friend I've had, the only one which ever stuck with me through everything. She doesn't want to see me, talk to me, she told me to have a good life and to swallow my apolgies.

I can't stop my heart beating erratically. I can't see the guy I love, it hurts. I can't see the supposed friend I have, it pains me. I can't see my best best friend's ex-boyfriend, my current best boy friend, he says I'm a back stabber.

I just can't stop how much everything hurts, I'm at school and feeling claustrophobic, having an anxiety attack. I'm cutting ties with my so called school friends, I can't see them, they are all friends of those three that pain me so much.

Help me...

2. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

"I let my best best friend's ex boyfriend kiss me... "

A few things:

1) You don't say how drunk you were, but you were drunk. People who are inebriated have a diminished capacity to consent.

2) HE kissed YOU. Without knowing any of the further particulars of the situation..he sought YOU out. He has no room to be calling you ANYTHING. He's a jerk. Didn't HE (as a friend, and knowing you are best friends with his ex) realize that he would be placing you in an awkward situation? And he still acted.

3) How long ago did this occur? Very likely all your friend needs is some time and space. The best you can do with her is apologize (though how much of it you're to blame for..) and let her alone.

4) As far as your other guy friend...I don't know. Unrequited love sucks and can eat at you. The best you can do is tell him your feelings. If he doesn't feel the same way, and you think you can still be friends (possibly after some time apart), then do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.