I messed up

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Sparrow91, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

I fucked up 7months of being sh free.

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am sorry that you felt so bad and slid back into self harm - the important thing now is to not beat yourself up about it and not let it be a reason to continue. Seven months of no self harm is an achievement... don't lessen it by letting this one slip become a pattern.

3. Sparrow91

Sparrow91 Well-Known Member

That's the problem , its a pattern and i always have a hard time getting out especially when im so stressed out. I feel so bad after I do it but the bad feelings don't really stop me...In a way its worth it at the moment... when the stress goes down then thats usually when the shame comes.... like you said its a pattern :/

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Perhaps a question to ask yourself when the pattern threatens to repeat: "What is it that I'm hoping to gain by doing this thing that is going to shame me afterwards?" Tension and stress relief may be the answer - then say it is possible to get the same relief without hurting yourself - can you take up jogging or running - or going on really long walks - all of which can be painful, but at the same time they are helping in a positive way to make you healthy.
    Once some new pathways have been laid down in your brain to channel this energy more constructively, the pattern is going to be broken for you, and you will feel really great about yourself when you know that it's out of your life :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.