I messed up...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by cult logic, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I have been cutting a lot lately, and have been doing a lot to make sure I only cut where nobody will see.

But I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow!

I never even considered that!

What if they see? I don't want anyone to know I cut myself. Not my therapist, not my doctor, and especially not my mom.

What do I do?

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is not much you can do. It's a sad fact of life that actions have consequences, and your doctor seeing may be one of them. However, you could turn it to a positive, such as getting more help maybe. Why is it you don't want the professionals to know?

3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Where I live cutter = attention seeker/emo.

That's a label I really don't need right now.

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Any professional who thinks that would be incredibly ignorant.

To be honest, with the culture as it is right now any ignorant person could easily have that impression, but just because some people think like that, doesn't mean everyone does.

5. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

guess you can also put some make up concealer on it..

i dont know how bad it is, if its scars are like still fresh cuts..

6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I can't really use anything to conceal it, the cuts are still fresh and I don't want to out anything on them that could become infected.

On top of it the doctor I'm seeing is kind of an ass, just the type who would accuse someone of said stuff.

I guess I'm just going to have to try and keep them from making me do anything that would require removing my shirt.

7. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Got lucky, they saw nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.