I might be alone with this one...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by She, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. She

She Member

I've been cutting myself for 9 years. I'm 22.

There have been a few times recently when I've gone quite overboard and ended up with really disgusting scars. It's unfortunate, but that's life. I have a boyfriend who doesn't really how I feel about myself and life. I like to keep that side hidden because it isn't palatable. It would scare him, I think.

Anyway, I've been trying to stop cutting myself. I don't know where it came from but a few months ago when I was getting really agitated and angry I couldn't find the particular knife I use. (I'd tried to hide it from myself. I have a shit memory - it worked). Anyway, I just sat down, grabbed a biro and started scribbling all over myself. To be honest, I probably looked like a right idiot. But every bad thing I felt about myself I just wrote over and over again on my body until I calmed down.

Has anyone else found themselves doing that?

2. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

thats actually supposed to be a distraction method. its certainly a helluva lot better than cutting yourself, and if it helped, i'd say hell, keep doing it. any healthy alternative to cutting is worth the try. i sure wish i'd find an alternative...

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

it is alot better thank cutting yourself hun... :hug: i have never done that but have done other things...we all cope differently...nothing to be ashamed of :hug: pm box is always open if you need me :)

4. Sydx

Sydx Active Member

Actually, I've do that often so as to refrain from actually mutilating myself as well. It really does help in distracting and actually calms you down, which is suprising. Granted, I often forget how long it takes for the ink to come off and I sometimes slip-up in hiding what I wrote...

But never-the-less, keep that up. Whenever you feel like you need to cut, grab a pen and get it all out. It's a scar-free method and much healthier.

Stay strong.

//Sydx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.