I might be young, but I made my mind up.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Fairywings, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairywings

Fairywings Member

Im 17 yo a college student, since I was 15, I have been feeling suicidal, I have attended therapy, Gone to Church everyday and read my Bible, but these feelings seem to get worse, I know I am still young and many of you will say ' you haven't experinced life yet' or ' your to young, you have a future', but I don't know what my future holds, I started college in September 2009,I messed up , now Im doing it again and to be honest, I can't be asked to complete it, I have lost my lust for life,I don't have friends, My family say I'm being dramatic and I am tired of seeing people happy, If im not happy, why should I study?, why should I go to College? and why should I concentrate on my work? if I am sad and lonely. I want to be happy, Im a nice person, but Im suffering, I have food, water and the right to an education, but Im still sad and depressed, I have lost my lust to go outside all I like doing is sleeping in my bed and watching old t.v shows that I watched in my childhood, Im just a sad, lonely, little girl and I want to end my life,I think I will be more happier in Heaven.:IrishDoll:

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...so glad you found us, and that you are here and hopefully, keeping yourself safe...if you have a counselor, have you spoken to him/her about how you are feeling now? Yes, you deserve happiness...depression puts a dark vail over all we do...do not judge what you are going to do in the future while looking at life through this vail...please contact your MD or counselor and tell him/her what is going on for you...welcome again, J

3. helpathand

helpathand Guest

hello
    I wondered what you suffered from ,why you were depressed,sometimes something has happened to cause it.I was completely bored and lonely when I was 17

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Depression take the life out of everything If you can talk to your doctor and get some meds to help you get rid of the sadness and give you back some energy it will help okay. Talk to your doctor now and see what he or she can offer you okay don't wait do it now okay so you can have happiness.

5. xXxJJxXx

xXxJJxXx Active Member

Heya I'm 17 as well, suicidal since I was 14/15. I know exactly how your feeling, I used to think it was the only way because nothing was important or exciting and I was in a deep depression and harming myself regularly.
    I've managed to hold on and now less than a year later after a total breakdown I am actually happy I think. There is colour in my life again and it has been 364 days since I last harmed myself. Trust me I know it's hard but you can pull through it and although it may seem now as though it will last forever it won't.
    Stay strong, work hard and make something of yourself. Prove you can survive anything. Best of luck xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.