I might end it soon

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by reynard_muldrake, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reynard_muldrake

reynard_muldrake Well-Known Member

There's no reason for me to be here. No one gives me a chance, I'm finding it impossible to improve my life... what else can I say? It was a bad choice to have even stayed on this Earth for so long.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I know you do not know me but I will give you a chance. I am sorry you're feeling so down in the dumps, keep talking here if it helps you, there are a lot of people here who will care and do their best to help.

3. reynard_muldrake

I failed at graduating college on time (because of depression). This has negatively impacted my life. Now I'm 29 and chances of me finding a good job are slim. I've also mentioned having no friends that I can call or see. Even making friends on online forums and chats is a difficult accomplishment. People have told me "you'll make friends" or "don't worry; you'll meet people one day." Why should I have to wait so long to have what others find immediately?

4. Petal

People have told you, you will make friends online etc... and you don't. Well I'm not much of an interesting person but I am willing to be your friend if you want. Can't you always go back to college. I'm 26 soon and going to college in september (I never finished highschool due to bullying) so I do know how you must be feeling.
    I see that in others too, like for instance my sister can get a good boyfriend at the click of a finger or make a friend while I am not as outgoing. If you want I can send you my e-mail address in PM and we can talk here too, I am always looking for new friends and always online lol!

5. stapleremover

stapleremover Chat Buddy

For people like us who struggle with suicidal feelings, the bottom line is that we simply have to work a little harder to find the motivation to live. It can be done. And as far as finishing college on time, I left after my sophomore year and didn't return until I was almost 30. I graduated at age 33. Your life doesn't have to look exactly like everyone else's in order to be interesting, happy, and meaningful.

6. Petal

Wow, well done staplemover, that is amazing and gives people hope and inspiration. It sure has made me happy, I'm 25 and definitely getting back into education although I worry because my memory isn't the best due to long term use of meds.

7. reynard_muldrake

I lack the imagination to make life "interesting" or "meaningful". I just see myself trapped in a dreary job, envying others who have found success. It really brings me down because for most of my life I always kept certain facets of my personality hidden. I was always holding back (and still do) for fear of persecution or mockery.

8. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, you need to be confident of yourself and then you will overcome any low self-esteem issues of yourself. Never doubt yourself and do not let others put you down. You can be a strong person but it's down to yourself. I know life deals us cruel fate but our inner strength is what's keeps us going. You can do it, so please do not act on any feelings and be safe. Take care ...

9. reynard_muldrake

Maybe I shouldn't be around people unless I have to. It seldom makes me feel better, even when people try to help.

10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Depression does that it keeps one in the darkness It will have to be you who reaches out to your doctor to get therapy or meds or both to pull you up some.
    Talking just posting sometimes helps to decrease the sadness some go to chat and talk to people who do understand your situation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.