I might have to do it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cosmin, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmin

Cosmin Member

Kinda sucks, tho... just when I had some slight improvements in my life, I find myself sinking deeper in sh|t.
    Basically, I guess I'll be found guilty for making a false statement in an official document and that's worth at least 3 months of jail time, but, with my luck, I'll get more.
    And I really don't want to have a record and go to jail because that would definetly destroy my life and all my plans, so I'm left with the suicide option, which is quite similar to the previous one, but at least I won't have to live the miserable life that expects me.
    By the end of next week I'll know for sure if they noticed it or not and if they do notice, then tough luck.
    I know no one cares, but since this is a 'theme' forum, I just wanted to get this of my chest. :eek:hwell:
  2. lulu rose

lulu rose Guest

Could you claim that your memory wasn't good. Its scientific proof that sometimes our memories will change.....I hope theres something you can do! I wish you luck.

And even though we dont know you, we're all here for the same reasons really, so we do care. because you're going through the same types of feelings that we are. I know this is just words on a screen but I hope I helped even a slight bit.
  3. Cosmin

Cosmin Member

Thanks for the reply. The memory loss thing wouldn't work, it's a more complicated story.
    Right now I'm quite anxious about the whole thing, I'm in a state similar to that of the gladiators when they waited for the emperor to show the thumbs up or down.
    So, I could say that, for now, I'm still relatively ok, with no solid intentions of doing it, but if I get a 'thumbs down', I guess I'll pretty much lose it and try to escape. :unsure:

PS: look at me, talking like a real criminal, when all I did was to say my GED (I think that's the equivalent ) diploma burned and I requested another copy, while the original one was, in fact, held somewhere else (and the only way to get it was to pay a fee for which I don't have the money).
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

If you explained the reason why you lied would that help your case? Seems pretty strict to me you'd be sentenced for 3 months for lying about something like that. If you get a good lawyer perhaps they could help. Please don't leap into anything, take things as they come and don't give in. It may all seem bleak right now but who knows what will happen.
  5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I think you might be blowing this up a bit, maybe from guilt or just fear. I really doubt they'll stick you in jail for such a minor offence hun, possibly a rap over the knuckles or a small fine.
    And how would they know you lied anway:unsure::blink:
  6. Cosmin

Cosmin Member

I'm in so much debt right now, I can't afford a lawyer. Plus, if I had the money, I would've paid the fee in the first place. So, if I'll be found guilty, that's it.
    The penalty for this is "jail, from 3 months to 2 years or a fine"; even if I get just the fine, I'll still have it on my permanent record and the career I had in mind for myself specifies that's not an option, so I'll become a jail-free, full of debt bum. Nice perspective.
    And I'm not sure if they'll find out, but I guess they have a department where they verify the data and it's quite easy to see that the original diploma is still intact. Plus they said there's an educational council reuniting tomorrow which will decide if my request is approved or not and I'm guessing the only way it can be rejected is by finding out.
    Anyway, sorry for all the boring details, but, as I said, my anxiety level is sky-high right now. :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.