I might need this place

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SilentLegend, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentLegend

SilentLegend Member

Hello, I joined this site because I am afraid I might get suicidal soon, depending on what happens.
    I had suicidal ideation 2 years ago but I was able to endure it and somewhat staying afloat (I still get suicidal thoughts from time to time) but now my life is in a precarious spot and if I lose the only thing I have (which is school) by failing, then the downward spiral starts.
    Thanks everyone.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You are important and life is important. Keep posting for support and care. You among people who understand and we will support you through this difficult period.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum, we're here if you need a shoulder to cry on, we are here. School can be difficult for so many people, is there a school counsellor available there? :hug:

4. SilentLegend

SilentLegend Member

Thanks, the support means a lot, if I pass these classes then I will get some breathing room and sense of relief, things will get easier from then on and I am a step closer to getting out of this deep rut I have been in for the last few years.
    There are school counselors but I am not sure talking to them will help me, I've never spoken to anyone about my problems mostly because I don't trust people with them.
    I'm thinking this website may be better at first.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

If you feel at ease talking here first then so be it :) Take it step by step and eventually you may be able to talk at a slow pace with the school counsellor. I am glad you feel safe here, I really do wish you the best of luck, we're ALWAYS here for you and never forget that and we also have a chat room :)

6. Leah

Leah Member

Silent,

I understand how you are feeling. I am feeling the same way because I took a chance on a major that I do not know if I can excel in or not. It does really scare me that I might mess up and fail. I just try to study and review everything and to do work early so that I can get any misunderstandings attended to. I think that if you are prepared for your classes you will do fine. Its just if you have trouble and need help you have to reach out and ask for it. Thats one of my biggest problems I usually just study for hours until I answer my own question lol but I dont recommend it. Its always better to rely on someone for help.

7. SilentLegend

SilentLegend Member

I know my depression is a factor in why I have been doing so badly, in high school I was a straight As and Bs student, I remember being more focused, having more energy.
    But right now I can't find the motivation to get to work? You know what I mean?
    Everything is much harder to do, I can't explain it, and the irony is I feel lethargic at the most inexplicable time, at the time that I need to do well the most.
    There's a lot more I can say on this but that is for another post.
    All I can do is try my best and hope that will be good enough.
    Good luck in your major as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.