I miss him every day...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Ljbutton, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Ljbutton

Ljbutton New Member

It has been 14 years since my Dad took his own life and I can't really say that time has been a healer. It still hurts so much buy I feel that sometimes I can't talk about it or tell people how I feel as it has been so long and I should have closure now.
    I do not think I will ever get closure, I seriously cannot get over his death. In recent months I have suffered from anxiety and depression and even though the main causes of this are current, I think the main problem is more deeply rooted.

I want to be over this and web I hear his name I can smile instead of feeling my stomach tie itself in knots.

Not really sure what to do!
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The pain never leaves i think hun Have you ever taken therapy to help you heal from such loss It helps hun to get some grief therapy and no one will judge you really We all grieve differently h ugs
  3. phoebe38

phoebe38 Member

I am so sorry for your loss...its only been 2 months since my husband took his life. I am praying for you. :0(
  4. Lost_Daughter

Lost_Daughter Well-Known Member

Reading your post Has touched me, litterally made me cry. My mom took her life in june 2010 and I still physically ache sooo much inside, it feels like yesterday. Everyone tells me it will get better in time, but none of them have Actuallyy had to experience that kind of loss and tragedy. I know it will never get easier, that the pain and guilt will never go away. How do you get over something like that? I just hope that by sharing our stories with others and reading others posts and comments, it will help me learn to deal with the pain and continue life instead of wanting to join my mom. The only thing keeping me going is my kids...I could never inflict that pain on them again. I hope this forum brings you the comfort it has brought me :hug:
  5. b-rock

b-rock Well-Known Member

i feel for you. It sucks when you feel like you can't talk to anyone or more specifically that they won't and can't understand. if you ever need to talk hit me up.
  6. In the same club as you, its 8 years tommorrow, since i lost my mum to suicide, mum lost her fight, she lay on train tracks, she struggled for years, she was a very kind soul,meak and mild mannered,she would never of done such an act, if she was well,its been hard, and no the pain does not ease, its made me a fighter, people look at you, "oh she banging on about it again, time heals, oh no it doesnt, we have had this torture pushed on us, i have leant to cope, on a day to day scedule, i miss my mum, i was robbed of her, the sytem failed her, no councilling is going to help me, you have to be kind to yourself, treat other people as you would want to be treated, it helps coming on here, no one judges you, all in same boat.take care