I miss my doggy

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by wastedmylife, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I had to put him down yesterday, there was an incident about 3 weeks ago where he accidently stomped on me and it gave me a bad injury and it messed with my testosterone and hormones

he was in so much pain yesterday when I took him to the vet he was looking to me to console him and I couldnt even gather myself to console him, I couldnt even comprehend when they lifted him on the table to put him to sleep, I was going crazy

I loved that dog so much, he ment everything to me, I had him for 8 years and I was unemployed and self employed most of that time so he was beside me for about 99.99 percent of the time in these last 8 years

I miss him and I love that dog so much, I wish I could go back and prevent his leg from getting amputated, I blame myself for that injury and I blame myself for not getting a 2nd opinion, it is no surprise my life has gone to hell after that

I love my dog so much, I miss him so much

I love you slash

2. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Aww I'm sorry. My dogs is literally my best friend, he is always there for me and I hope I don't lose him anytime soon. Dogs become part of the family and they are much more than just pets.

3. ranman

ranman Member

I know how you feel. A long time ago I had a cat and I forgot to get a vaccination. He died from feline luekemia later that year. I felt responsible for the death of my nearest and dearest family member. It hurts to think about it even now, years later. In time I learned to forgive myself and so will you. The fact that you feel the way do means you obviously never wanted any harm to come to him.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear about slash. I recently had to put my dog down and I know the sense of loss you feel. They are more than just animals. They are family. You did the right thing by him. He is no longer hurting. :hug:

5. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

Aww I'm sorry :hug:

we had to get rid of our cat Princess about two months ago because of a flea problem. We even had to move because of it. But at least your dog won't be in pain anymore :unsure: I hope you feel better =^_^=

6. Dana..

Dana.. Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. i love my dog to bits.
    i even cry when i see them put down on T.V

7. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Animals can become a part of the family and it's understandable you are missing him a lot. I'm sure you gave Slash a good life and dogs really are a mans best friend. You both had 8 years together, throughout that time your relationship with Slash strengthened as you were together a lot of the time. You were his master, and I don't doubt he forgot that, not at any time. Blaming yourself doesn't solve anything, I'm sure you did what you thought was best at the time. Don't blame yourself. :hug:

8. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

I'm sorry. That hurts now but stay strong :hug:

9. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I am so sorry about your dog. Animals can be our best friends. hugs

10. wastedmylife

the other side of this is my life never would have deteriorated to the point it is now if I had gotten rid of my dog years ago, or even a few months ago

Now my life is a complete mess

I miss my dog, and I wish I had done things differently, even if it ment giving him away or putting him to sleep earlier, or taking better care of him, maybe I am getting what I deserve

11. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I hear you! Four years ago I lost my little pal Mookie to cancer. He loved to "sunbathe" and I feel I should not have ignored a growth on his snout. The cancer spread and the poor thing suffered immensely until he was put down. I stayed with him for weeks sleeping very little, getting him to drink or swallow any crumb he could while he deteriorated.

I couldn't watch the euthanasia but I buried him in my back yard in the rain crying hysterically. From his deterioration to his death it all took such a toll on me. I still look to where his bed used to be and I dream of him constantly. I've lost my faith in the afterlife so I can't even have the comfort that I will see him again. I'm so sorry my little buddy Mookie!

12. patacake

patacake Well-Known Member

:hug: peace after pain for ur best friend hun

thinking of u in ur time of need

jo x

13. wastedmylife

I should have taken better care of my dog, for mine and my dogs sake I probably should have put him down a year ago, I would be much happier, or at least happy and my dog well he is just a dog and it was his time to go anyway

I really fucked my life up in so many ways, if people knew what I have done to myself they wouldnt believe it

What a fucking waste of a life I have

What a pathetic specimen I am

14. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

why dont you elaborate a bit? it may help/ you are beating yourself up here and its hard to help not knowing what you really mean here.

15. wastedmylife

its a long story, it has to do with putting my dog before my needs, it is hard to explain, in reality it has to do with me being a coward and not sticking up for myself

Also my dog gave me a nice going away president 3 weeks before he died that basically led me to this sucidal state I am in

But yea, it is pretty hard to explain, I probably explained it on other posts but dont feel like getting into it

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Im sorry to hear about slash :hug: I would be very sad if my pet died too

17. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your dog :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.