I miss my Effexor XR

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Morella, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Morella

Morella Member

I've been trying different antidepressants/antianxiety shizz for almost a year now and NOTHING works!!! I am getting beyond frustrated. Right now my main life goal is to just get a job, but I need to be able to get out of bed first.

Effexor XR (the generic) at the lowest dosage is the only thing that has worked for me. The problem is that it's so darn expensive. No insurance and no job... well it depletes my savings quite fast. I tried the regular generic (which is still 136 dollars for 90 pills), but for some reason it doesn't work! 90 days of the XR is around 300 bucks. I just can't afford it.

What exactly is supposed to improve? I have absolutely no hope for my future, don't enjoy anything anymore (except a Starbucks peppermint mocha heh), and I just want to sleep. I can't kill myself and sleeping is the next best thing! Getting through another day seems like a giant accomplishment. My family is pushing me to get a job and it's just making me more anxious.

I'm currently on the generic prozac at 40 mg. At first it was flickering on and off, now nada. I'm ready to just give up on stupid pills. All the doctors visits are really starting to add up. The Effexor XR (which a lot of people think is like the Devil's drug or something) made me have energy. I got out of the house and laughed. It had a lot of side effects, but I felt ok. Coming off it was easy. Coming off Cymbalta was harder (another SNRI).

Is it better to keep trying things? I can't imagine myself being much more depressed. I just need to get my motivation back! I need therapy which of course is super expensive. Do I just forget therapy and go back to Effexor XR in hopes it will help me get a job and thus pay for itself? lsdfjalskdjfa!

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

When you tried generic regular Effexor, did you take it all at once? Maybe try taking partial doses at regular intervals.

As to getting a job, you need to JUST DO IT (TM). It'll HURT as if physical pain, but you can do it, and once you do, the pain will be over and you'll be less nervous about finding a job in the future. It's the only way to get over anxiety.

Also, you could possibly get benefits and get onto Effexor XR again.

You have a nasty hurdle in front of you, but you can jump it.

3. ExtreemWays

ExtreemWays Active Member

Sometimes the generic form of a medication can have a different bio-availability than the original manufacturer.

So if the generic form has a lower bio-availability, then one would need more of the generic form to achieve the same effectiveness as the original manufacturer.