I miss the urges!!!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Deep Thought, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deep Thought

Deep Thought Well-Known Member

Recently i haven't bn havin urge 2 harm myself! alright on the surface its all good, pat on the back, well done! but the thing is i've bn havin thoughts i shouldnt have, bad 1's (not suicidal 1s in this case). but b4 i would have hurt myself 4 things not as bad. and now i want 2 hurt myself, but i dont have the urges, so i force myself 2 do it! i know it sounds bad, but i should do it 4 the thoughts in my head! i'm not schizophrenic or anything. i still wish i wasn't here, but even thts not as often. i'm so confused! b4 i did it but didnt want 2, now i dont do it but want/ need 2! i just had 2 get it out, any advice?
  2. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

sounds like the same thing that happened to me :sad: i quit for about 2 months, i had to make a conscience effort for the first month or that, but then i got used to it. by the end of the second month, i had all these crazy thoughts in my head that sounded like "but i'm a cutter....i should be cutting...thats what i do....i cut..." then before i knew it....back to square one...

you have to fight the urges, and replace the bad voices with good ones...replace bad habits with good ones....i haven't figured out how to do that just yet, but as soon as i do.......... :wink:

3. Deep Thought

well the urges came back. i've cut myself, not deep, not major but they feel good.
  4. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

wow today must be a bad day for SHers...i cut too...didn't cut for like almost 2 weeks..was thinkin bout it all day...restrained myself till now..it feels so nice...there's not much blood tho..wow i missed that sting
  5. austinhp78

austinhp78 Well-Known Member

my mom just found out that i cut... somethings going to happen soon, i'm sure...
  6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I have urges too... but i will resist...
  7. psycho8

psycho8 Well-Known Member

i've had three urges today which is the most i've ever had...i managed to resist the second two
  8. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I feel like cutting too :mellow:

It's much easier for me to burn myself because there's no mess, but it just doesn't feel the same as cutting. I want to feel the blood dripping down my arm. It does feel so good, it's weird. The thing with me is that I have to cut fairly deep to get the good feelings that I used to get by scratching.
  9. Deep Thought

i burn 2. i like both of the pains. though i have 2 admit i do cut more. nothin like da sting and seeing ur blood. but i do a few diff ways of SI, each with diff triggers and advantages
  10. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

i know how you feel. i get exactly the same thing sometimes. i know i shouldnt, and i dont want to, but the voices in my head tell me that itll make me feel better and that i need to. so i do. and it doesnt help.
  11. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

:hug:s to all

Its hard but keep fighting, I've been 'clean' for about a month now. I always get urges (Like now) but I fight them and find something else to do ^^

12. martijn

martijn Active Member

I haven't cut myself for quite a long time now. Simply because I don't need to. Life is treating me better than before, I guess. But - boy, do I want to cut. I miss the feeling. I'm used to cutting, I like it and I don't want to quit self-harming completely. I'm just seeing this as a break of sorts. As soon as something will happen (if it will..?), I'll gladly resort to cutting again.

I know I should be "proud" of myself for not self-harming for so long, but it doesn't mean anything to me.

I have only SH'd once the past month and a half or so. The last time I did it was not because I had to, but because (in my head) I am a cutter/self-harmer and I need to harm myself, so I had to do something as to not be an "ex-self-harmer".

Does that make any sense? Oh well.. I know what you're talking about Deep Thought.
  13. Deep Thought

so much 4 me staying of it! i'm cutting again! it is so gud 2 c ur own blood trickling down ur leg. wots happenin 2 me? i keep lookin 4 reasons 2 do it
  14. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

I do too, because I suppose its an addiction, and we as humans will find ANY reason to keep that addiction going and not give it up. :(

Take care hun xx :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.