I Miss You Most of All

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Sadeyes, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sandy, the storm of the century is over but the aftermath is devastating. This morning, I am left missing two very dear friends who would have been my anchors in this chaos.

I miss you most of all
    when I breathe.
    And I breathe
    every moment.

I miss you most of all
    when I feel.
    And I feel every moment.

I miss you most of all
    when I am sad.
    And I am sad
    every moment
    because
    I miss you most of all.

In Merrily We Roll Along, Stephen Sondheim said this much better than I could ever hope to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kMlQgyz834&feature=related

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

:hug: it is sad to miss somebody so but it would be so much sadder to never have had them at all.

Warmth and Kindness

Ben

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Love you poem it expresses so much I am sorry you are missing them so much hun hugs

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thanks TE and exactly, NY..the only nice things of missing someone like this is that it means you had this love at some point in your life...I am blessed for that

5. 41021

41021 Banned Member

(((gentle hugs))) for you Sadeyes

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thanks so much and to all who know what it is like to miss someone so much it takes your breath away

7. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

Oh, yes. The good part is that you, and they, were beloved on this Earth. :hug:

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

These were, dare I say, near perfect relationships...yes, there was disagreement, but we always remembered our love. I know I have unconditional love from/for my friends, but for one of these relationships it transcended that...it was just the perfect fit of two spirits

9. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

*sniffle* *sigh* *hug*

10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thanks Tea..hugs back

11. TheRunaway

TheRunaway Active Member

I'm so sorry to hear that, sadeyes. :hug: Your poem was beautiful and full of emotion. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

12. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Glad to hear Bri and sorry about the robbery to your car...please remember, that person does not represent 'people' in general..s/he took your things, including your precious pictures, but please do not let him affect your humanity

13. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I love this:

"I miss you most of all
    when I am sad.
    And I am sad
    every moment
    because
    I miss you most of all."

I can relate to this poem so much. 10 years and I still miss my Grandad. This poem is beautiful Sadeyes, I can feel your love, and also your pain. Big hugs :hug:

14. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thanks Lexi...there is no love that does not bring on pain, even if it is the pain of losing the greatest love

15. TheRunaway

TheRunaway Active Member

Yeah, I was just angry. I shouldn't have generalized like that, and thank you for reminding me that not everyone is like that. :hug:

16. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I'm so sorry for your loss of friends. I know how devastating this storm was and to lose someone in it is saddening and unfortunate. Here in RI in my area we were very fortunate not to have too much damage. Other parts not so much but nothing compared to where you are. Again I'm sorry for your loss. The poem is short and beautiful filled with meaning.

17. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Bri..you are welcome and Kelly, it is awful here, but all people I know are safe, so I really have everything...thanks for your kindness

18. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

The feelings reading this let loose a stream of tears. It does take your breath away, excellent way to express the loss. Thank you and I am sorry.

19. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You know I am sorry for what you are going through as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.