I miss you

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by marielle, Dec 11, 2009.

1. marielle

marielle New Member

On October 13th, one of my best friends passed away. We don't know if it was a suicide. My friend found his body with a plastic bag over his head. I was there, and saw the imprint on the couch of his body. The cd that was on repeat. and I am having a very hard time coping. The last time I saw him, we were yelling at each other. I had told him I didn't want him in my life if he was going to let drugs control his life. A month later, he was dead.

I am a 19 year old sophmore girl in college. I feel like I am drowning, and I don't know which way to swim to get to the surface. When Billy died, he took part of me with him. My spark. my desire to be happy. I feel numb. I am angry at him. And myself. and I don't know how to keep going. I'm posting here in a an attempt to find a new way to cope. See what other people have to say, see what other people did. I don't know. I'm so tired.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so sorry for your loss marielle suicide is so hard on the ones left behind. It was not your fault in the end it was the drugs maybe the depression that took his life but none of it was due to you. You need to get councilling some kind of therapy to put this behind you. There are coucillors at school but i think a psychologist that deals with grief would be the best to help you deal with your pain and the loss. Talking does help I lost my brother end of oct and i still am grieving I am seeing a psychologist who is helping me as my brother committed suicide and i blame it on me. Please get some professional councilling okay so you can get those skills to move forward in your life and so you can let go of the pain this has caused take care. Keep writing out your feelings okay as it does help

3. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

I'm so sorry for your loss. My friend Justin commited suicide last February. Everyone then has said that a part of them died with him. I know how you feel. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you.

4. I'm sorry to hear that. I understand how you're feeling. A close friend of mine took his own life a month ago. If you ever need someone to talk to or when you're feeling down, don't hesitate to pm me or anyone else on here. You're always welcome here.