i must be acting stupid.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by lilella44, Feb 7, 2008.

1. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

there was a boy in a country town near the farm where i lived, who hung himself a week ago. i only knew of him, but i cant believe how much its affected me. i havent heard a single bad thing about him and the way everyone used to speak about him, he was just so happy and awesome.
    nobody knows why he did it, because he was always so happy.
    so why cant i stop thinking about this? maybe coz ive attempted taking my life twice myself and i know what it feels like to feel like life isnt worth living.
    but why does it make me feel so sad when i didnt even know him?:sad:

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Some people are capable of feeling the pain of others. It's ok to feel sad for him and his family, but try not to let it bother you too much though.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't mean to come across as sick or deranged but when i read your post, i felt extreme jealousy because he is dead. i need the guts to do it...

4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Please don't... :hug:

5. dolphin

dolphin Member

you are just human, you feel the pain and you can relate because you attempted suicide twice. Maybe deep inside you think you could have seen it coming while you say he was happy. Back in my teens I used to laugh alot and hurting inside,it was my way of coping, I guess it was his way too.