i must be insane

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wastingecho, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i hate my birthday - don't want cards or parties

avoid answering my phone so i don't risk having to hear it

just want it to pass quietly

yesterday was my birthday

so when my wife, sister-in-law, and my son didn't bring it up, i though that they finally got it - and i could live with that

then my youngest daughter came home from college for the weekend to get a jump on looking for summer jobs

she got home around 10 and after she finished hauling all her stuff in from the car she dropped down next to me on the couch to give me a hug and say happy birthday

at which point everyone else in the room got this funny look on their faces and started saying happy birthday

my daughter sits up, looks around the room, then says 'oh my god you guys, how could you forget his birthday?'

it's one thing for me to hope that they had listened to me - completely different to realize that no one cared enough to remember

managed not to cry until 4:45 this morning as i sat on the bench waiting for the first train to take me to work

53 now

my father died when he ws 54

one more year to go

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

No matter how we feel about our own birthday, it does sting when you give so much to these people and they did not consider your day...I like your daughter! And, belated happy birthday, and we are glad you are with us

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You aren't insane...I hate my birthday with a passion. Don't want it to be remembered at all next year (if I'm still even here). I'm so sorry that no one remembered your birthday. I guess the reason I don't want people bringing it up to me anymore is because mine always suck. Mine just passed and no one cared enough to call, visit, or even just send a card. So I know how lonely that can feel. Happy belated birthday by the way, I care how you are feeling and I hope you don't decide to end it next year.

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

you I hope for the same thing, but mostly because people always forget my birthday. No one cares. Only person that remembers my birthday is my mom. So I totally understand being forgotten. Because of this I've come to hate my birthday, to hate christmas and new years. I'm 29. But I do feel like I'm a 100 years old...

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

damn family can be cruel...
    I wish you a happy belated birthday Echo and understand 'hating birthdays'
    I hate mine too.. :arms:

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so happy you have such a wonderful daughter in your life hun Happy Belated Birthday