I must go to stop hurting her

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Brokenheart91, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brokenheart91

Brokenheart91 New Member

I constantly hurt my beloved partner, whom i love so dearly. When i drink i am a scumbag and althought never technically cheated i have talked to many other girls on facebook ect.

I cannot go on hurting her, i've got to die. Guilt is eating me alive.
  2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

noooooooooooooooooooooo dont die! please! work through this with her! :hug:
  3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

You could make a commitment to not drink. That's better than dying.
  4. carekitty

carekitty Guest

Guilt is a terrible emotion to have to bear.

But there are far better ways to ease it, and care for your mate, than hurting yourself. That would be the ultimate pain for her.

Get into AA, counselling, or whatever you feel is best to stop drinking. Stop talking to other girls in a way that is inappropriate, and spend that time with your mate, or doing something positive.

You can get past the guilt, and have a life worth living. Promise!
  5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I can hear you really care about your partner so don't die...that will hurt her beyond belief....
    get yourself off to the doctors and/or to AA and get help....my son in law got tablets I think to curb his drinking...don't know much more about them..
    I've heard good things about AA so maybe that would help you too..
    if you know it's the alcohol that's the problem then please try everthing in your power to fix it before you even consider suicide as an option,,
    your partner needs you ......take care.:hug:
  6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

You have so many other options here, please don't think of death as being one.
    If you are eaten up with guilt why not possibly take a break from your partner for some time while you get some help for your drinking, there are hundreds of options as everybody has mentioned from AA to counselling. You've admitted you have a problem so you've already made an important first step.
    You could delete your facebook and spend less time online, is there a reason why you are talking to women on the internet or is it something you only do when you have been drinking?

You say you don't want to hurt her, but hurting yourself is going to hurt her. So why not try and get well for her and get some help instead or possibly even end the relationship?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.