i nearly succeeded

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by goddamnmad, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goddamnmad

goddamnmad Member

i took a huge od and nearly succeeded sadly im still here. i was buying some pills and saving until i had loads but i had my room searched and they all got taken away :mad:
  2. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Well, I am glad you didn't succeed. Its good your pill are taken away cause it will be less triggering this way. I know how that feels, stay safe. :hug:
  3. lindsay

lindsay New Member

When I was put in a psychiatric ward I took some stuff for suicide with me, but on admission they searched all my gear, found the stuff and took it from me. That made my stay all the harder because I was not allowed freedom of movement around the place.
  4. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Were you in a hospital or something then, is that why your room was searched? Overdose is not a good way, it is long and drawn out and very painful. When ever I have attemped it it has not been thought out otherwise it would never have happened.
  5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Please don't try to OD. What if you keep failing and you later deserve that you want to live? These things can do very serious damage to your body without actually killing you. And someday, you might wish you hadn't. A high price to pay.
  6. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

OD is certainly not a sure death. I have a number of times, with what I thought would be plenty, only to find out it did nothing to me. I've had a lethal dose stashed away for nearly a year. I guess it's my backup in the event that life becomes too much. I know that there are other methods, but two things stop me: 1) I don't like pain, and 2) I don't want my death to appear a suicide, so my wife can collect our substantial life insurance. I know, as you do, there can be unpleasant results of OD survival, some worse than others. The one suggestion I have to make is that you have taken advantage of eternal security, security in knowing that you'll go from this life to the next in heaven. Failure to do that would certainly be worse than any failed OD we might have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.